Chest Pains

Heaven

"Mum?" Jabir says placing a hand on my shoulder. "He's gone."

"It's all my fault. He told me he was going to do it and I didn't care. He warned me about what he would do if I left him. I killed him."

"You did all you could. He wasn't well mum." His eyes watered. I could tell he didn't want to cry. He didn't want to show even a speck of emotion for his father.

He was everything to me. Everything. I shut his eyes. "I know we promised to never say goodbye. But you had to go. You weren't healthy. I'm so sorry. Goodbye Zayn."

I shoot awake. Jabir was asleep next to me. Jawwad was watching me. I had took them all from their rooms just so I wouldn't be alone and do something stupid. "You woke me up."

"I'm sorry." I say catching my breath. "I've got to go. I'll be back to tuck you in and give you your medicine. Alright babe?"

He nods and pecks my nose. 13 and he's still a mummy's boy.

"Zayn?" I call running to our room. "Zaynie?" He wasn't responding. "Zayn Malik if you do not get up this instant I will kill you...well not really because you'd already be dea-"

"I'm not dead. I am upset you left me all alone but I'm not dead." He says sitting up. "And I swear, if you start singing break even, I will be."

"Zaynie!" I jump on him. "You've got to stop making me think you're dead."

"I'm fine."

"Zayn, everyday you tell me not to tell you I'm fine. Yet, here you are." I cradle him into my arms. "Stop it. I'm already afraid to leave you alone for a second. Don't talk like that."

"You're not my mum." He pouts while peeling me off of him. "Oh- you mean like how I'm not allowed to breathe without your permission." I shot back. "Or how you get angry when I pay attention to anyone besides you?"

"Well, you said I'm the only one you see. If that's true, your attention should be on me at all times."

"Yeah, not like we have 3 kids to look after or anything." I roll my eyes. "Wow, and here comes lady sarcasm."

I groan. "Aren't we done with that?"

"Come 'ere," He lifts the duvet and I crawl under. "I love you."

"Whatever,"

Jawwad

I sit awake waiting for mum. "Just go to bed. She's not coming back." Jabir says. He pulls the duvet over his head.

She's going to come back. I know it. She wouldn't leave me for him.

Hours roll by. She didn't come back.
---
I skip downstairs. I guess making up with Zayn made me all happy. "Good morning Jabir." I smile. He furrows his brows but returns the smile. "What's got you so happy? Don't tell me you're high?"