4 Letter Word

Niall's p.o.v
-----
"What are you doing?" I ask as Zayn takes a lighter from his bag. He goes out on the balcony. I follow him. "You promised her you would quit."

"And she promised me she wouldn't leave me. Where is she now, huh Niall?"

"I'm sorry you lost her but do not shout at me because this is not my fault. I didn't make you leave her alone while she could go into labor any minute. Twice."

"I know, I'm sorry."

His eyes were red and glossy. He wanted to cry. Knowing he's, Mr. Bad boy and all, he won't.

"I really need her Niall. Not a second in and I'm already back to my old habits. Don't you guys get it? From your perspective, it may look like she needs me. But in reality, I need her. She could be so much healthier without me. She thinks us being apart makes me healthy. It doesn't. It makes me worse. I can't explain it. I just, when I look at her, I just..I don't know. It's like my heart wants to burst out of my chest."

"Zayn, what happened to you? Why are you so attached to her? You've become this possessive monster. Tell me, what'd you do if someone hurt her?"

"Kill them," he says. "She doesn't deserve to be in pain. She doesn't deserve to be hurt."

"Yet you hurt her repeatedly?"

"I didn't mean to, I'm sorry." The tears began to pour from his irises. "I love her. I really do. She's what keeps me going. I just don't like to share her. She's mine. Mine and only mine. No one gets her but me."

I take away his lighter. "Zayn, she's not a toy. You don't get to claim her."

"Why? Do you want her? Niall ho-"

"No, I don't want her." I say feeling a bit hurt he'd think I'd betray him like that

"Sorry, I guess sometimes jealousy gets the best of me."

"This isn't jealousy. It's an obsession."

"I can't help but be addicted to her."

I take the cigarette that was being crushed in his hands and threw it off the balcony. "Now you listen up, you hear me?" I say "She loves you. I know she does. What you need to do is go home. I get that the fans will be angry but this is your last chance. If you were willing to kill yourself because she fell in some water, I don't wanna know what you'd do if she was really gone."

"Niall," he says

"Yeah Zayn?"

"I need her."

"You'll see her soon."

"No, I need her now. I can't function."

He places his hands on my shoulders. They were shaking. "Zayn, I already rang her. She's-"

"Fly me out there! Bring her here! Get someone else to ring her! I don't care! Just get her!"

"Ok," I say trying to ease the trembling man. "I'll get Louis to...never mind. I'll get Liam to ring her."

"No because she'll know. God dammit NIALL!"

"Fine, I'll get Paul to ring her." I suggest and he nods. He sniffles and furrows his brows. If he didn't just shout at me I'd find him adorable.

"Do you think she'd care if I just jumped off this balcony?" He questions while leaning over the balcony.

"Yes! Are you mad? Have you seriously lost your mind? You do that and you kill her and your daughter." I scold pulling him back. "Now, I'm going to Paul's room. I'm taking you with me because you can't be trusted alone."