Chapter ten

Alois' Point of View
  Sebastian led me out of Ciel's room, and I followed him down a hallway. After we turned a corner and were out of the young Phantomhive's earshot he asked, "Did you find anything?"
  As we walked I dug my hands in my pocket to retrieve my findings. I held in my hand two thin razor blades and placed them in the palm of the demon's hand, "One was in his dresser, and the other was in his bed-side table."
  "Thank you very much, Sir Trancy. Did he tell you anything?"
  I thought about last night's conversation, "He said he feels a lot of things, and he sometimes thinks death can help the feelings go away. I'm guessing that's why he hurts himself, but we were talking more about death."
  "Why?" He asked bluntly, trying to get straight to the problem.
  "When I came in and attacked him he said wanted me to kill him, and when I didn't he begged wildly. It was the easiest thing to ask about in the situation," I said apologetically because I didn't ask the right question.
  "No no," he said reassuringly, "That's the best thing you could have asked about. Thank you Sir Trancy. Thank you very much."
  By now we were in the main room of the Phantomhive estate. Sebastian retrieved my sword and handed it to me.
  "I believe this is yours. I hate to be rude, but there are some things I need to address with my master and-"
  "I'm already gone," I said as I left the property.

Sebastian's Point of View
  So many options. So many possible mistakes. How does one deal with such a situation? My head buzzed with decisions that I would have to make in a matter of minutes. I headed towards Ciel's room, and all I could feel was dread. What if I do something wrong? What if I push him farther away? Is there any chance he'll let me in? I'm his butler; I shouldn't be fearful and weak but strong and brave. There was not nearly enough strength in me to be prepared for the task ahead.
  I thought back to the first night I found out Ciel had been cutting himself; when he cried and told me what he was feeling. What had happened since then? Why was he so cold and distant now? How has he changed so much, become so numb, in just a few days?
  I slowly opened the door of my master's bed chamber which caused a long creaking noise.
"Sir?" I called when I noticed Ciel wasn't in the room. I passed the door's threshold and scoured the room for my master, "Ciel are you in here?" It was odd for me to be so informal and use his first name.
I walked into the bathroom connected to his bedroom and saw him sitting in the bathtub with his back facing me. Water was steadily pouring into the tub.
"Hello Sebastian," he said articulately, "I'm sure you and Alois had a lovely discussion about me."
Great, he had heard us.
"Now I know what you're thinking, and I did not hear you talking, but considering the missing blades, I know very well why Alois was here. Sadly, your slave didn't do a very good job. He only discovered two of many."
I looked over what I could see of his body from the doorway, and I noticed three gashes on his right wrist; they were deep, but not deadly, and knowing Ciel, there were more than that.
"I know you thought your plan was fool-proof, but sadly no. I realized shortly after I told him 'how I was feeling,' what his mission was. I expected more from you, being my butler, but sadly you have let me down," he sighed dramatically as he began to twirl a small blade between his left fingers, "So, Sebastian, what did you hope to gain from this?"
My mind raced to find the best thing to say, but nothing came, "Milord, I just needed a way to reach you; to get into your head."
"Please," he scoffed, "You'll never get into my head. Did you think I'll really tell someone who hates me as much as Alois how I'm feeling?"
Well you're certainly not going to tell me anything.
"Come on Sebastian, do you not think higher of me?"
Must you ask such a senseless question?
"Of course you don't-you should, but you don't-I am just some bratty child who you serve until you can eat my soul, correct?"
He's just trying to push me away, get me to leave him alone.
"That's not it at all Ciel and you know it. I know you're just trying to get me to leave you alone so you don't have to deal with your problems. I now understand that hiring Sir Trancy for this task was a terrible mistake, but I needed to try something. Don't you see that I am genuinely worried about you? Don't you understand that I will do anything to help you, and I won't stop until you're better? You're not well, and something needs to change before it's too late, and that starts with stitching those terrible gashes on your wrist and wherever else. You're not getting out of this while I'm your butler; you signed the contract, and I will never not serve my master especially in a time of need such as this."
"I don't need help!" He shouted and pounded his fist against the edge of the tub.
"Shut the hell up Ciel!" I saw him shrink away at my raised voice, "I won't let you try and weasel your way out of this with some half-assed promise about not cutting for you to break it two hours later! Now I am going to dress those wounds and we're going to deal with this right now! Do you understand me?" I had never really yelled at Ciel, at least not like this before. I am his butler and am to obey him at all times, but there are certain exceptions to that rule.
"Yes," he whispered.
I felt terrible for being so harsh, but I knew it was for the best.

A/N- Whoa, different viewpoints.