Chapter two

I woke up to sunlight flooding my room, frustrated, as usual, at the fact that I was alive. I don't want to be here. I don't want to be awake. I don't want to be the queen's puppet for another day. I just want everything to stop.
Eventually, Sebastian knocked on my door, "Milord?" He asked to see if I'm awake.
"Yes, Sebastian?"
He opened the door, "This morning's breakfast will be a spinach tomato quiche with fresh ham and English breakfast tea enriched with orange zest. Dessert is lemon meringue pie with notes of vanilla," he said as he entered my room with a rolling cart that had plates full of food covering it.
"Thank you Sebastian," I said, and he left.
I didn't want to eat any of this. I was too tired and too sad--no, too numb--to do anything but waste away in bed. I sipped some tea, but that didn't appease me. I picked at some pie, and that was slightly more satisfying, but not by much. Slowly, I tasted a bit of every part of my breakfast, but when Sebastian came back I wasn't even half finished.
"Milord, is that all you would like for today?"
I nodded slowly and he wheeled the cart away. He soon came back into the room with the day's clothes freshly ironed and left; he used to dress me, but I no longer let him. Just another thing I do that he thinks is me being a mature young man, but is really just something I do to preserve my secret.
After getting dressed, I went into my office. Sebastian soon followed.
"Are there any assignments from the queen today?" I asked, holding my breath waiting for the answer, expecting the worst.
"No, milord, not a word from her since yesterday. She sends her most sincere gratitude. Elizabeth, however, will be joining us tonight for dinner."
I groaned.
"And Alois Trancy would like to meet with you soon."
I groaned louder. "What does he want?!"
"He did not say, he only stated that he needed to discuss something with you."
"I'll meet him tomorrow at 19 hours in the dining room. Make sure he is not tardy."
"Yes, milord."

Putting up with Elizabeth all evening had worn me out. It was always so stressful; everything I did around her was wrong, and I managed to make her cry twice. What was it with girls that made them so irritating?
I laid on my bed for a few minutes to calm down before pulling myself up. I grabbed my blade and took off my trousers. I wasted no time and slashed into my thigh a few times making bright red blood drip from the wounds.
I was in awe of the lovely fluid and watched it pour for a few minutes.
I began to walk toward the washroom, but before I made it there Finny burst through the door, tripped, and fell on his face.
I turned toward him and froze, not knowing what to do; I was not wearing pants and had blood pouring from  my leg.
Finny picked his face up to look at me and tilted his head in curiosity. His eyes went toward my thighs and they became the size of golf balls.
Mey-Rin and Bardroy entered the room clumsily and stopped at Finny's feet, gasping when they saw my thigh stained in blood.
"Ciel, what's goin' on?" Bardroy asked.
"N-nothing," I stuttered.
"Sebas-" Mey-Rin began to yell, but I rushed over to her and covered her mouth.
I had gained full composure and commanded, "Forget what you have just seen. That's an order."
Finny stood up and the three of them saluted me, but they hesitated before leaving the room.
I was worried. I knew they were hopeless at keeping secrets, not intentionally, but they often forgot what was confidential and what wasn't. It wouldn't be long before Sebastian, Elizabeth, Alois, even the queen knew.