Chapter three

Before I knew it, Alois had arrived and was petting my hair.
  Sebastian and Claude stayed with us but at a respectable distance. From where he was Sebastian kept a close eye on our 'guest,' and Claude observed Sebastian.
  "Hi Ciel," he purred.
  "Yes Alois? Can I help you?" I asked with biting sarcasm.
  "I wanted to see you. We are friends. It's what friends do."
  "We're not friends." I was direct. There would be no arguing or sweet talk. I was tired of him, and associating with him no longer benefitted me so this would be the last time he was allowed on the Phantomhive property.
  "Ciel, you know just how to stick daggers in my heart. I know you don't mean that."
  "Yes, I do," I stayed calm and knew this would take a while. He was so damn foolish.
  "Why don't you just admit that you like me?"
He kept at this for the next forty-five minutes.
  "Would you please excuse me?" I asked and left. I just needed a moment of space so I went to my room and sat at the foot of the bed to let myself breathe. Soon, Alois was entering my room. When I left, our butlers had been in the dining room chatting tensely.
  "Ciel, why aren't you paying attention to me?"
  I laid back on the bed and groaned.
  "What do you want Alois?"
  "I'm bored. You're fun to play with."
  "We're not playing."
  "Fine, you're entertaining"
  I sighed and put my hands behind my head.
  Alois jumped on the bed and laid on his stomach with his head propped on his hands. He began kicking his legs behind him.
  "Ciel. Let's do something."
  I closed my eyes, "Like what?" I asked, bored and exhausted by Alois' energy.
  "There has to be something you like to do."
  "I don't participate in frivolous pastimes Aloïs. I am the head of my family and must act mature as I have certain responsibilities there is little time for childish games."
  "Well then, what do you do in your free time?"
  "I don't get free time."
  "And if you do?"
  "If and when I get free time Ido nothing. It's not often that I get to relax around here."
  "Well...then I can do nothing with you." He flipped onto his back and exhaled. At least he shut up.
  "Oh! Ciel...?"
  "What?" I asked sharply, angry that he disturbed the silence.
  "What are those on your arm?"
  It was just now that I realized my sleeves had slipped up slightly when I moved my arms behind my head.
  "Nothing Alois," I sighed and pulled my sleeves over my hands.
  Before I knew what was happening Alois jumped up from the bed and was screaming down the hallway, "Sebastian! Sebastian! Our Ciel has cuts on his arms!"
Was he mocking me? I chased after him to stop him. I grabbed his arm, pulled him towards me, and fought him to the ground. He kept screaming after I pinned him to the floor.
"He put them there himself! You've done a poor job Sebastian! Look at how fucked up his arm is. I bet you already knew all of this though, huh?"
"Shut up you asshole," I sneered, "You don't know what you're talking about."
  Sebastian and Claude came over to us.
  "What's this all about? Is that true milord?" Sebastian was curt as ever.
  "No of course not. He has no idea what he's talking about."
  Claude stood behind Sebastian with a smug smirk on his face. I wanted to punch him more than ever.
  "Then would you please release our guest? I would hate for you to upset him further."
  I looked down at him hesitantly before easing off of him. As I began to release him, Alois quickly grabbed my wrists--one in each hand--and pushed my sleeves up to my elbows revealing the scars and cuts hidden beneath. I shot daggers at him with my eyes as the blood drained from my face.
"Young master, what is going on?"
  Claude was beside himself in arrogant joy, all but laughing at this point.
  "It's nothing."
  "Sir Trancy, I think now may be a good time for you and your butler to leave. Thank you for visiting us."
  I stood up, pulled my sleeves down and dusted myself off. I glued my eyes to the floor trying to maintain my dignity, but I was quaking with anxiety. What would Sebastian do? How was he so calm? This was the one time I didn't want Alois to leave. I wanted to kill him more than anything, but I couldn't be alone with Sebastian. I didn't know what was coming.
  "Milord?" When I was pulled out of my thoughts, Alois and Claude had already left, and I could hear their carriage pulling away in the distance.
  I looked up at Sebastian in horror, my blood ran cold. I was ready to run but couldn't. I tried to form words but nothing came out.
  Sebastian placed his hand lightly on my shoulder and kneeled down to be at my height.
  "Milord, what is going on."
  "Sebastian, everything is fine," I spoke in monotone to keep any emotion from rising into my voice.
  He tightened his grip on my shoulder causing me to wince slightly at the pressure, "Everything is definitely not fine, now explain this Ciel."
  Sebastian had never spoke so informally.
  "I-I uh...it's, I just..." After struggling for a bit, Sebastian picked me up gently and carried me into my room as he once used to. He set me on the side of my bed. I kept my eyes focused on the floor and he began undressing me as he would every evening before this all started.
  Before I knew it every cut and scar was visible, and Sebastian was kneeling in front of me once again. He looked into my face to tried to find an answer, but I stared straight through him.
  "Milord."
  "I'm sorry Sebastian," I whispered. "I don't have answers."
  He began to slip my pajama shirt over my shoulders as silent tears fell down my face. Sebastian placed the day's clothes by the door in a neat pile and kneeled in front of me yet again.
  "I'm sorry Sebastian," I sobbed, "I should have t-told you. I should have f-f-fixed this. I sh-shouldn't have even st-started. I d-don't know what's going on with me. I can't eat, I can't sleep, I can't feel anything. I didn't know what else to do."
  Sebastian's neutral face changed slightly in what seemed like concern.
  "This is s-so stupid and pointless, but I just can't stop. The others caught me doing it, but I made them swear not to tell. I'm so sorry," I ended in a whisper.
  "It's okay young master. Your feelings are normal and you are simply coping. That in itself isn't a problem."
  He laid me into bed and tucked me in. I hadn't bathed yet and it was a bit early to sleep, but it was okay with me. I turned away from him and closed my eyes. I felt him watch me for a long while before hearing his footsteps as he left the room and quietly shut the door.
  The urge to tear open my skin crept up on me soon after Sebastian left. I knew he'd soon know what I had done if I cut again, but I really needed to release my emotions from everything that happened during the day.
  I didn't want to get out of bed because Sebastian would know almost instantly and find me, so I took to opening my old cuts.
  Once every fresh cut was scratched open, I rejoiced in the stinging sensation I felt all over my body.

A/N: I was so excited writing this. Everything just flowed as soon as Alois arrived and it felt great. I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it.