14: I Will Never Forget But You're Forgiven

Chapter 14: I Will Never Forget But You're Forgiven

I went through the 30 page proposal Archie came up with for less than 24 hours. I'll give to him that he is good with working within pressured environment.

The document was then copied for Hugh's use as well as Louis'. "Zoe get in here" I called over the intercom.

A second later, my petite secretary showed up the door, "Yes Ms. Dani"

I took my glasses off and massaged my head, "Is Archie and Maegan still around?"

"They went to the site already Ms. Dani, should I call them back?"

"Oh not needed. I'll be out to fetch my dad and High with Benjamin today. If anyone calls, just tell them I'd return call" I stood, throwing my glasses, wallet and phone on my LV bag.

"Of course" Zoe smiled and closed the door behind her.

I put my bag on the crook of my elbow and grabbed the two documents for my dad's signature and off I went to the elevators.

I haven't met Xavier throughout the day and I thank the god above for that. I don't need another confrontation with that sorry excuse of an *sshole.

The lift dinged and in I went, typing a message for Benjamin to receive.

To: Benjamin
Fr: Dani

On my way down Benj

I raised my head and titled to see a guy along with me.

"Kai" I barely whispered.

His eyes bore into mine as he opened his mouth to start, "Dani. I went to talk to you"

"No you don't-"

"I need to talk to you" he interrupted me.

I have had too much going on right now so the least I need is to have another clearing of relationshsips.

But if I dragged this further I know I couldn't be peaceful.

"Rubio's tonight around 8 in the evening" I breathe, going out the elevator as we reached the ground floor.

I saw a slight hint of smile on Kai's face before I turn to leave but I didn't bothered. Benjamin was already waiting by the exit, holding the backseat door for me.

"Hey Benj" I smiled.

"You're getting more beautiful each day Dani" he teased as I go nearer.

"You never see me everyday Benj" I ridiculed as he chortle and close the door with a thud when I settled in.

He jogged to the other side while I diverted my eyes to where Kai is standing.

Kai is still in that professional suit and respectable aura. When people see him, they lower their head down and awcknowledge him like they did to Xavier. Wait what?

Why am I comparing him to Xavier?

Anyhow, he swiftly pace towards the doors and off to his Cadillac convertible, a car away from us.

My ride moved and the last I saw was Kai entering the posh car with a satisfied smile. A genuine one. Rare but I knew him too well to recognize his genuine ones from the cocky to the sly.

The drive to the airport was not that long thanks to the empty highways.

- - -
"How's my son doing?" Uncle Hugh probed, skimming the papers I brpught for them to see.

"He is good" I clipped.

"Oh I swear if he mess up again I won't think twice to disown him" he shook his head while my dad laughed at his friend's despair.