7: Shopping With Xavier

Chapter 7: Shopping With Xavier

I cleaned the house when I got home.

That's what I do when stress and emotional wreck comes and visit me.

With my sweaty body, I sat on the living room floor with my legs crossed.

What to do now?

It is only 5 in the afternoon.

Movies.

I stood up abruptly, hopping to my bathroom for a squeaky clean bath and relaxation before I make my home made dinner over a movie marathon. It's Friday funday for me. Well, if you call a solo movie marathon as fun.

My chicken casserole and red wine complimented my first film choice which is a romantic historical drama, Anna Karenina.

It wasn't a favorite of mine but it looks inspiring enough in risking for what you love.

With all the difficulties I've met so far, I this us my first time to treat myself with a simple and stressless night.

Before the movie ends, my doorbell rang.

Ding dong.

It must be Benjamin, I asked him to pick my LV bag at the office and drop it here for me. I have forgotten to takw it home earlier.

I was flabbergasted to see Xavier standing in the doorway. "Xavier?"

"Could you help me pick something out at the mall?" he queried.

"What for?" I asked.

The tall man scratched the back of his head and chuckled shyly, "I need to get a present for a little girl tonight"

"Oh" I nodded, "What a good uncle you are" and tease.

He eyed me and shrugged, "I'm awesome they say"

I raised a brow to that and led him in, walking to my bedroom and changing into some casual polka dot flarey skirt and light pink blouse.

"Ready?" I questioned as I skipped to the living qith a pair of white doll shoes.

It must be myimagination but I thought I saw Xavier's eyes widen in surprise. I don't know why but I think I did. "Shall we" he gestured for the front door.

Nine o'clock evening shoppng is new to me. I never shopped in any mall, always at my personal stulist's boutique.

To think that I am currently ravaging for a young girl's dress is exhausting.

"Are you sure this'll fit?" I asked Xavier, eyeing the purple top he put on the basket.

"I guess so. Why? Won't it?" he asked filled with confusion.

"You said she is 9 years old," I raised the blouse along with my plucked brow, "This is for 14 years old adolescents"

He shrugged, "It will fit in anyways and she'll be able to use it until she's 14"

"No" I shook my head in disgust, "Why would a 9 year old wear a baggy blouse? I may look boring but I have style"

He groaned, "Then leave it. What do you have in mind sherlock?"

I smiled at his idea and gestured for him to follow me.

We walked through the maze like place of a shopping center and I bagged the cute and sweet looking dresses, tops and bottoms for 9 year old girls.

Xavier also told me she liked something violet making me take the purple shades rather than the pink ones.

With a number of 13 item ensembles, Xavier paid the bill and we went to his niece.

"Tell me about her" I broke the silence as he drove safely.

He send me a glimpse, "She's sick right now and wanted a present"

"Did she took her meds? Drank enough water and ate healthy food?" I fired.

The fella chuckled, "Yes she did. I told the helpers to take care of her while nobody is home"

"Her parents left a sick kid?" I settled my wide on Xavier's calm demeanor.

"No, course not. I am taking care of her these couple of days but I needed something to finish today"

"Right. We should grab some hot soup for her then" I stated.

"Yeah" he agreed as we continue our ride to any near diner or restaurant for a hot chicken noodle soup.

- - -
The house was huge. Just like my father's and Hugh's.

The front lawn is designed elegantly with that small sized fountain. The gates weren't too high but fot enough to cover the first floor of the house.

The house...

It is painted white and grey but looks very much chic. Not like the modern houses nowadays. With the triangle shaped roof and granite posts, it speaks less modern.

The door has some golden knob and I saw a set of luxury cars on the garage earlier when we parked Xavier's Lamborghini.

"Xavier" a middle aged lady called from the inside when she openex the door for us.

"How is Kelsey, Rita?" he asked politely.

The stairs is grand and so is the living room. I couldn't believe the Morrisons are these lavish. Me and my sister along with my cousins are investing in penthouse suites and condominiums, not houses this massive. I should get one big 'ol house for me someday.

"She's doing well, and very excited to see the gifts you promised to bring" the helper nodded, guiding us to the second floor.

"So she's Kelsey?" I know I'm ignorant. I didn't even know the girl's name until now.

"Yeah, I'd drop you off later. I'd hust hand this to her first" Xavier gestured for the paper bags full of dresses.

I nodded at him with a small smile playing on my lipstick free lips.

The third door on the right of the corridor was opened by Rita and we entered.

It wasn't like any girl's room. More like a plain violet and white room with a double bed at the center, along with dressers and a desk set. It doesn't even have a tv in it. Good thing there's a bathroom, I suppose.

My eyes scanned and froze at the sight of a beautiful young girl who is sitting and resting her head on the head board.

Her eyes were light, striaght brunette hair freely flowing down her shoulders.

She is stunningly pretty for a young aged girl.

"Hey there Kelsey" Xavier beamed, walking towarda the smiling girl.

"Is that my presents?" she squeaked.

"Yes dear, you took your meds, am I right?" the man asked while Kelsey nodded in happiness.

So she is the one Xavier is talking to. She's the most incredible person for Xavier Morrison. What a loving uncle he is.

Her eyes flickered on my direction and raised her brows, "Who is she?"

I thinned a smile as Xavier pat the little girl's head, "She's Dani, she helped me pick up your gifts sweetie"

"Oh is she your girlfriend? She is beautiful" the innocent mind voiced.

Now I am certain that the Morrisons are the best in flattery. Hands down to them.