8: Heart To Heart With A 9 Year Old

Chapter 8: Heart To Heart With A 9 Year Old

"This is so pretty!" Kelsey shouted as she jumped around the room.

Xavier excused himself and answered a call so us girls decided to do some dress ups.

Kelsey doesn't have any fever now but she is suffering from colds. The doctor also adviced to keep her from playing outside because she might get sick again.

It is already 11 in the evening but the cheery little girl despise sleeping unless Xavier tuck her to bed with a goodnight kiss.

She turned around like a princess, modeling her new tutu dress. Courtesy from me.

"You like it?" I chuckled at her obvious joy.

"I love it" she hummed.

There is this study by Boyer that adults talk with kids to lessen the stress of a day's work. Now I could prove that. With this sweet one, I felt more light and happy.

It is like I'm a sponge who could absorb the happiness of this girl and mirror her smile.

"You're parents are so lucky to have you" I suddenly beamed.

Kelsey giggled, "My mother told me to be good to my father while I spend the time here. I'd be back to mommy after this year"

My forhead creases in puzzlement, so her parents aren't together?

I don't like to pry on her little sweet mind so I waved passively. "We should hang out some time"

Okay. I may be loving kids now. This is the first time I spend a good hour with a funky child without scaring her off or being cold as stone to her.

"Sure! We could go to the park and have fun there! Daddy won't let me play because he's always busy" she pouted. Who in the world would let this cute girl down? Her dad of course but that's just so mean. She is adorable.

Her eyes are glinting like stars in the night and it's blue-ish green color are lighter than fluorescent. She has long brunette hair that is so straight that it won't ever get into a tangled mess.

"Your daddy is a mean then" I tickled her small waist, making her giggle like crazy.

"He is... Stop... Daniiii" she laughed.

I stopped my asault and grinned down at her as we sat on the bed. "You know I think daddy likes you"

"I wonder if he'll like me when I just said he's mean" I shook my head lightly.

"A lot of people says he is but he loves me, and you'll like him because he won't hurt the ones he cares for" the little lady nodded.

"You're too smart for your age" I commented, "How old are you really?"

"9. Turning 10 in..." Kelsey counted with her fingers, "8 months"

"That's near"

"No. I don't think 8 months is near. It means I have to sleep for so many nights and I hate nights"

She is amusing me everytime her pink mouth opens.

What a smart kid.

"Why hate nights?"

She rolled her eyes like an annoyed teenager when mothers rants to them, "It is dark outside and I couldn't play if it's dark and I have watched a movie with zombies in them"

"Oh so you're scared of zombies. I am too, I rather have unicorns running around than half dead people" I chuckled, pinching her cheeks lightly.

Her face softened and she leaned onto me, whispering, "I like you Dani, if daddy would ask me if I want a mommy then I would tell him to marry you okay?"

Perfect ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें