10: They Told Me To Stop Acting Like A Kid, So I Did

Chapter 10: They Told Me To Stop Acting Like A Kid, So I Did

"What is the main problem about?" I raise my brow to both my sister and Archie, the chief human resource officer. The two settled in front of me.

Maegan sat at the left side of my desk while Archie was on the right. The HR guy eyed Maegan, "Seven engineers are too many for a week long project Ms. Maegan"

I held my hand together over my desk, "So you want to hire 7 contractual engineer? For the week's work?"

This question is for Meagan so she sighed, "Yes. 7 of them. Or else the renovation won't be meeting the deadline. I computed the work right and it needed 7 persons to head the remaining 100 workers for a week"

"Should it be 7? Or maybe a good 3 senior engineers could lead the teams?" I suggested.

"Maybe I could gather a good number of contract engineers by tomorrow but I don't assure you Ms. Maegan" Archie voiced.

"No Ar-"

"Thank you Archie, maybe you could take the final proposal done tonight?"

I pursed my lips as Maegan used her seduction to get what she wants. Well, maybe I wasnt needed in here in the first place. All I said were either rejected by Maegan or ignored by both.

I am the boss. But when Maegan is around, I am no one.

Without listening to their conversation, I glanced at Xavier and Kelsey. They are seated on the sofa I have at the other corner of my office. The little girlis writing or drawing down the papers I handed to her earlier while her father kept casual, typing off his ipad.

"So tomorrow, I'll be informing you if the admin permitted your request of..." blah blah blah. I didn't mind Archie as I checked the remaining papers I needed to go over and place a signature on.

It was not long when Maegan cheered happily, "Great! So how is that for a proposal Dani?"

I looked up to the two waiting eyes and tilted my head to the side. They think leaving me out of the conversation and brainstorming in their own is a good thing? Let's see.
"I need the final proposal by tomorrow on or before 9 in the morning. You two can go"

I saw their eyes widen but hshrigged it off. No one would dare challenge me, I am their boss for a reason.

Archie scrathched the back of his head and nodded slowly, "Uh, I'll go first then. 9AM... Tomorrow... Got it"

Raising my brows, I waited for Maegan to leave which she did with a happy wave.

I sighed as the two finally vanish from my office.

This is why I keep myself passive and distant. So that in times like these, people would just say that I'm not interested in what the other is saying bit in reality, I don't like anyone to think that Dani Kinsley is a poor girl who couldn't get a person to talk to her more than 5 minutes unless it is business.

The fact that we talked business a minite ago is worse because when Maegan is here, no one sees Dani. Maegan and I are both bosses but my sister is more hands on on the relations and fieldworks while I do the papers and partners.

To say the least, I am the one working on the background.

The one who made all the assets possible but got nothing, the one who wrote the song and receive not much praise, the one who made the dance craze but didn't got the name.

Xavier commented, after awhile, breaking me from the thoughts, "A full blown paper by tomorrow is sick"

I eyed him with a thin smile. He is eavesdropping huh.