2: Bumping With The Ex

Mathias Lauridsen as Kai Whitlock

Chapter 2: Bumping With The Ex

The food tasting was a great experience, I got to try the cakes and pastries that costs a fortune.

I never loved sweets and people tease me that I am too bitter that no sweets could balance my interest - specially my own sister, Maegan. Surely, I am cold and factual unlike other ladies who puts too much significance over emotions and feelings but despite that blandness, I am hyped over the experiences.

Even though I don't show real and warm feelings over people or things, I keep them to myself - because people would just give too much attention if I slip out of my supposed character, the poker faced lady in suit.

I walked evenly on the marbled floor as Xavier followed suit, not minding my distance as he flirt with the woman who attends to us.

"Uhmmm tonight?" The lady asked in her high pitched voice.

"I have others things to settle, tomorrow will do" Xavier informed, maybe with a flirty smirk on his face or something.

"Tomorrow's a date then" the other giggled like a teenager.

I scoffed and cut them off as I exit the building and made my way to Xavier's posh car.

Just rude.

Morrison is here to accompany me and get to know my plans for the charity event and he is too insensitive to leave me by myself and make that girl's knickers wet with some dirty plans for tomorrow night?!

I wish Hugh would lock him up to some country again. Xavier still gets on my nerves, though not in the same way as last time.

The valet guy opened the passenger door for me with his signature beam, "Have a safe trip Madame"

I gave a tight smile, settling down the soft cushion then he close the door with a soft thud.

My eyes squinted at Xavier and the barbie girl who rubs her gigantic chest, hugging my business partner.

Who the hell is she to do that on public?

Is she in her right mind?

The guy has company, why would she flirt and do such obscene thing?!

My blood is boiling but I restrained myself from stepping out and tugging her long hair out of her scalp.

With too much thought on how to bring pain to barbie girl, I didn't notice Xavier entering the driver seat.

His voice broke my trance, surprising me "Are you good?"

My fisted hand, relaxed at that and I exhaled. "I need to get to the office" I said like a robot that I surely am not.

He didn't thought too much as he hummed an agreement and swerved to get to the main road.

"We should grab some lunch on our way, it's already 2 in the afternoon" he suddenly broke the comfortable silence.

The same instant my stomach made a rumbling sound. Good thing my company did not hear the embarrassing call for food.

"I want some Alfredo's" I uttered and added, "The one's from Rubio"

"Sure. Dine in or-"

"To go" I clipped.

Through my peripheral view, I notice he sended me a glance but he shrugged anyways, "Right away Ms. Kinsley"

Not wanting to have any argument, I busied myself in admiring the city from my window.

There are people walking in a hurry some slow enough to fathom every step they took.