I stopped walking for a second and glared at him, even though he couldn't see me.

I started running towards him and jumped on his back.

He barely even stumbled!

"Jesus, Lucas. You act like I don't weigh a single pound." I sighed, still on his back. He wrapped his arms around my legs and I locked my fingers infront of his chest.

"You don't." He laughed.

He walked into the kitchen and opened the pantry and refrigerator, looking for food.

I stayed on his back because I was kind of tired and didn't feel like walking... and I'm lazy.

"You two kids hungry?" Lucas' mom popped out of the laundry room again and pulled food out of the fridge.

"I am." Lucas said.

"Me too." I tried to squirm off of Lucas' back, but he tightened his grip around my thighs, so I locked my fingers around his chest again.

"We're gonna take a walk, that okay?" Lucas asked his mother.

"Yes. Be back soon though, this meal won't take long to make."

"Yes ma'am" Lucas replied, carrying me out the front door.

"Lucas can I get down now?" I asked. He had walked around the block and then turned back around to head home.

"I guess." He let go of my legs and I slid off of his back.

I began to walk beside him and I looked into the shops along out path back to Lucas' apartment.

When we got back to Lucas' apartment, we walked in and it smelled of pasta sauce.

"I made spaghetti you two, eat up. I've got to run a few errands and then I'll be back."

"Bye." Lucas and I said together.

Lucas handed me a plate and then took one for himself.

We sat down in the living room to eat, and at first, neither of us talked. Then Lucas broke the silence.

"Do you like it?"

"I do." I admitted. "But if it had garlic bread it would be perfect." I laughed. I just really like garlic bread.

"Next time." He smiled.

I giggled and Lucas stared at me, shocked.

"Maya Hart, did that noise just come out of you?" He sounded surprised at my little girly laugh.

"What?" I spun my fork in my pasta and shoved a fork full in my mouth.

"That little laugh." He smiled.

"Well did it come out of you?" I commented back.

"No."

"Well then it must've been a ghost."I got up and rinsed my plate off in the sink.

"Oh so spooky." He teased.

"Hey I should get going, my mom is probably off work by now." I grabbed my coat and headed for the door.

"Do you know if they got that guy yet?" Lucas stopped me. I shrugged and pushed past him.

"Maya you call me or Riley if he's still out there. Promise?"

"I promise, Ranger Rick."

I left his house and walked back to mine. The walk was long and cold walk, but I enjoyed it actually.

When I got home, I opened the front door, then turned to lock it. When I turned around to keep walking, my mother was sitting at the kitchen table. She seemed anxious... scared... nauseous almost. She practically looked green!

"Mom are you okay?" I asked rushing over to her.

"Maya, sit down. we need to talk."

I mumbled some stuff under my breath because I knew this couldn't be good in anyway.

I sat down in a chair diagonal from my mom and looked into her eyes.

"Maya, about your dad..." She started.

I stayed quiet. I tried to keep eye contact, but just couldn't. I have trouble looking people directly in the eyes.

"He said he wants to see you."

"I know that, you told me this morning." I nervously laughed.

"Maya he still has visitation rights with you." My mom blurted out. My eyes widened and I looked at the table.

"So this means?"

"It means if he wants to see you during the day time hours he legally has the right, as long as he let's me know twenty four hours in advance."

"When did he call you?" I asked suddenly getting anxious.

"This morning, but if you're not comfortable seeing him you do not have to go, Maya."

"No... There's a few questions I have." I looked at my mother's face and she looked concerned.

"Are you uncomfortable?" I asked.

"No, no, no, baby girl. You deserve to know your father."

I nodded in agreement but I was still a bit anxious. By the sounds of it I have to spend the day with my dad tomorrow.

"Um mom, I'm a bit tired." I said. I was being truthful though! I had, had a long day already and it's only like two o'clock! "I think I'm going to go take a nap."

"O-okay. Sweet dreams, Maya."

I got up and hugged my mom and she kissed my forehead. I walked to my room, shutting the door behind me. I wanted to scream and cry and throw something all at the same time!

I don't get it! Why would my dad want to see me now! Fourteen years old and I never knew my dad. Wow, what a screwed up thing to say...

I changed out of my jeans and layed down on my bed, pulling my covers up over my body.

As I drifted to sleep, I thought about how tomorrow might go...