The Storm (Part 2)

"Your mom is your teacher?" Sofia asked from her seat on the sofa, looking down at Lauren -who was sitting on the floor- like this was the biggest lie she'd ever heard.

"Yeah."

"And your school is your garage?"

"Sometime is my kitchen but yeah, usually."

"But what about your friends? Do they go to your homemade school?"

"I don't have any friends."

"I'm your friend and Cam is your friend but almost girlfriend."

"Then I have one friend and one almost girlfriend." Lauren smiled, moving to sit up on the sofa and leaning her back against the arm.

"When will you be girlfriend?" Sofia asked in a low whisper.

"Hopefully after tonight." Lauren whispered back, crossing her fingers. "We're going to the build a bear in a bit."

"What're you two whispering about?" Camila asked, sliding her hands across Lauren's shoulders and around her neck.

"None of your business." Sofia said making Lauren laugh and turn to look at Camila who had her chin resting on Lauren's shoulder.

"Don't think that I won't beat you up just because Lauren's here, squirt!"

"Lauren likes me bestest." Sofia argued, sticking her tongue out at Camila.

"Nuhuh." Camila stuck her tongue out at her sister and looking at Lauren. "Right?"

"I don't know..." Lauren mumbled making Camila hit her shoulder. "I'm kidding. You're both adorable for different reasons."

"Damn straight." Camila grinned, pressing a kiss on Lauren's lips.

"Ew." Sofia mumbled, putting her hands over her eyes.

"My dad'll be home soon so we can leave in about ten minutes."

"Ok, baby." Lauren smiled, leaning her head back against Camila's shoulder.

"You guys are icky." Sofia huffed, getting off the sofa and sitting cross legged on the floor in front of the TV.

"Come here." Lauren patted the spot in front of her and Camila rounded the sofa and sat down in between Lauren's legs.

Lauren grinned, wrapping her arms around Camila's waist and hiding her face in her neck. "You're beautiful."

"No, you are."

"No, you are. No give backs."

"You can't keep doing it!" Camila pouted.

"I can and I will."

"Fine, I'm not your friend anymore."

"I'm kinda hoping you won't be just my friend either, after tonight."

"You think you're smooth don't you?" Camila grinned, resting her head against Lauren's chest and looking up at her.

"No, I know I'm smooth, love."

"Camz, Sofi." Camila's dad called, smiling when he walked into the living room. "And Lauren."

"Hello, sir."

"We're going out dad."

"It's a date, daddy."

"Oh, where are you going?"

"Build a bear. Was my idea, daddy."

"Have fun girls. Be home by eleven."

"We will be, dad. Can Lauren spend the night, too?"