Almost Stepsisters (Part 1)

"I can't believe you are just moving this guy in. How long have you even known him?"

"We're engaged, Lauren."

"Yes, after only two months." Lauren snapped incredulously, following after her mom when the woman left the kitchen. "If I was to ask to have someone move in after two months of dating you would have laughed at me and told me that you don't know a person after two months."

"This is happening, Lauren." Clara snapped, wheeling around to look at Lauren, almost causing her daughter to walk right into her. "Get used to it."

"And what about his daughter? Is she staying with her mom?"

"No, she is coming here."

Lauren blinked, shaking her head in disbelief. "And just where is she going to be sleeping?"

"You always said you wanted a sister to share bunk beds with."

"Yeah, when I was six! And I don't even have bunk beds anymore."

"She will be bringing her bed with her and it will be pressed against the opposite wall from yours, don't worry, the removal men will help move your desk to the wall by your window tomorrow while you are at school."

"So, when I come home tomorrow I will have a new sister?" Lauren muttered sarcastically, narrowing her eyes at her mother, waiting for any kind of reaction, feeling very irritated when she didn't get one, instead the woman just sat down on the sofa and switched on the tv. "I'm going to bed, you know, while I still have a room to myself."

"Goodnight, sweetie."

"Sweetie." Lauren scoffed as she left the room and stomped up the steps to her bedroom. Her soon to be shared bedroom. She couldn't believe her mom was moving a guy that she had been dating for two months into their house. Granted, she had known him since high school but that's irrelevant in Lauren's book.

Lauren scowled to herself, grumbling under her breath as she laid down in her bed in the dark, fishing her phone out from under her pillow to text Bradley.

'I'm getting a new roommate tomorrow.'

The boy reply came within seconds, even though it was almost midnight on a school night.

'Your mom is pregnant?'

'No, of course not dude. She is moving her new boytoy in and he has a daughter.'

'What's she like?'

'I have no idea. I don't even know how old she is.'

'You never know, she could be smoking hot and you could have relatively sinful sex with her'

Lauren rolled her eyes at the boy text, going as far as to send him the little eye rolling emoji.

'What? It wouldn't be incest, not really.'

'Im just gonna ignore you and go to sleep'

'Ok. But if she's hot and you haven't called dibs I do,'

Lauren ignored the text, plugging her phone into charge and setting it on the bedside table.

"You need to get laid." Brad commented as he sat down across from her at the lunch table, obviously noticing her brooding mood.

"I got laid at the weekend." Lauren pointed out, taking a bite out of her sandwich. "And shut up."

"Did you ever call that girl?"

Lauren shook her head, pulling back to survey her sandwich, a looking of disgust showing on her face. "She didn't leave me her number and she was gone before I woke up."

"Huh, the Lauren Jauregui got humped and dumped."

Lauren just shrugged lazily. "Saved me the trouble of asking her to leave."

"She was hot, thought. You have to admit that."

"Mm," Lauren hummed, trying to seem completely disinterested. Truth be told, the fact that the girl had left stung a little, Lauren figured it was because no one had every ditched her the morning after.

"Maybe she didn't leave her number because you were shit in bed."

Lauren scoffed at her best friend, rolling her eyes. "Yeah, ok."

"Why don't we go hang out at the diner tonight, delay the inevitably awkward moment of you meeting your new sister."

"Can't. My mom warned me to be home right away." Lauren sighed, giving up on what the school had claimed was a sandwich. "But you can come by and hang out tonight."

"Ok," The boy agreed, handing Lauren half of the sandwich his mother had made him. "And your sister might be hot, I'm looking forward to it."

"My mom will probably be keeping an eye on you. Making sure your little British charm doesn't corrupt the new girl."

"It's the accent, really. It's just inherently charming, I'm not a charming person, not at all."

"Yeah, that is very true." Lauren agreed.

"I heard you are getting a hot new stepsister." Dinah said as she took a seat beside Lauren.

"How could you possible have heard that. I only told Harry and Brad."

"Sorry," Harry apologized, sitting down across from Lauren.

"I don't even know what she looks like so I have no idea if she is going to be hot or not. She could be six for all I know."

"Where is she moving from?"

"Not far, apparently." Lauren shrugged.

"Man, you sure seem interested in the girl you will be spending every day with until college."

"That's because I don't intend on seeing her much at all. Bed time and mornings, that's the goal." Lauren answered with a little nod.

"I hope she's an annoying little kid." Dinah grinned.

"I don't. I hope she is a hot teenager, preferable college age." Harry added.

"To late, dude, I called dibs last night."

"Like that is fair, I only found out this morning."

Lauren blocked out her friends bickering in favor of stealing Brad's packet of chips.

Lauren slammed the door to her car shut, completely distracted by her phone as she walked towards her house, lifting her eyes briefly and doing a double take when she noticed someone standing by the door.

"What are you doing here?" Lauren frowned making the girls head shoot up, a frown of her own working its way onto her face.

"I live here."

"So do I." Camila answered, a look of realization crossing her face just as everything in Lauren's mind clicked.

"Oh, shit."