Chapter 18 - Reading Minds

A/N I didn't really edit this chapter because I didn't really want/need to. So please tell me if there are plot holes. And I'm aware her lip ring is non-existent in this chapter xx

I almost scream and run away that's how scared I am that Zac knows about me and Tyler. Zac sighs sympathetically. "Your mother is never here and you've been on edge for the last couple of days." I wonder why... I feel elated that Zac doesn't know, but I should feel guilty too. Should. But I don't for some bizarre reason.

"I'm fine, really she's always away. It's not new to me." I suck in my lip and play with my ring as I try to cover up my lie.

"She barely even lives here, and I don't like you being alone in this big house." I sigh at where this is going, Zac ignores me and keeps going. I make a move to the kitchen because I can tell this is going to go on for a while. "I think you should consider me moving in here with you." Zac finally concludes.

"I don't know." I say slowly as I gesture for Zac to sit down and I head for the fridge for some orange juice. "Moving in together is a big step," I murmur as I look in the fridge. I turn to him with juice in hand and sit next to him, "I don't think we're ready for that. I mean, your saying you should move here," I reword and Zac nods. "And we haven't even had some of our first relationship experiences yet." I play with my lip as Zac thinks. "Like, we've had some experiences that most people haven't had. I mean really, really good experiences." My mouth runs dry before I compose myself and shake the thought away. "But still." I keep pondering the thought in my mind.

"I basically already live here anyway, and I would pay half of the bills. It's okay if you say no, I'm just saying, at some point your going to need help." I smile at him for exiting a really delicate conversation before gripping his cheeks in both my hands and kissing him very, very slowly. So I can admire the moment and swim in it.

"No." I laugh at my ability to tease him before I wrap my arms around him and hold him closer, never wanting to let go. We hear footsteps from upstairs and spring apart like we can't let our parents see us.

Chanel and Jack emerge hand in hand, not looking at us but in each other's eyes like a sappy love story come true. I nearly throw up but instead play with my lip which seems to calm me down.

Chanel nearly screams when she sees us standing there, completely unaware we were there the whole time. "Oh my gosh hello!" I don't ignore the fact that she can't seem to look Zac in the eye. What did they do that made them so... together?

"Yes, hi." I realise that I'm still in my mini shorts and low cut shirt, which has buttons but no holes. My anxiety levels go up and I think I blush when Jack eyes me wearily. An awkward silence falls over us and despite the distance between us; I know they have to tell me something. The feeling is similar to the one I got form Zac, although relief came from him.

"I guess I should just come out and say it." Chanel declares, "Jack and I have decided to head home." I nod slowly; it's almost as if she was expecting me to be sad about it, well I'm sad but not disappointed. "We think we should start our relationship where our home is." Chanel sighs as Jack stands motionless.

I run over to her and bring her into my arms, trying not to cry. "Okay. I'll miss you." I whisper in her ear and I feel her nod vigorously. Is Zoe going to go too, now that Chanel is leaving? I hope not.

"Oh God," She laughs through her tears as she looks at me, "I'm crying." She wipes away her tears sheepishly and I can't help but be happy for her. She finally has everything she desires and she's going to go home now, so she can start living the way she wants to. If only things weren't so complicated right now, I might have that too.