Chapter 7 - Everyone Comes Back

I lead Chanel into the spare room connected to my bathroom and Zoe into the lounge room. She can sleep in there because we have moveable doors that give her some privacy.

I let them get settled in and head to kitchen and see mum making a roast. She turns and looks at me with her hand on her hip.

"Why do you spring things on me like this?" I get a small bottle of juice from the fridge.

I smile sweetly at her, swaying my juice. "Sowey." I place the bottle to my lips.

My mother smiles at me and my act. "Well then, I'll be taking your car if you're 'sorry.'" I nearly spit out my orange juice.

I glare at her slyly. "Excuse me? Mine." I tap the keys in my pocket. My mum tries to interject,

"I know-" I place the bottle on the table and glare at her.

"No you don't know." I say playfully. "I earned my car, and I would like to keep it. It is my baby and I will hurt anyone that tries to touch it." Crossing my arms I grin at her. She can't argue with this.

"Woah, Tessy calm down." My mum chuckles. I was entirely out of my comfort zone, talking to my mum openly doesn't happen very often and when it does I get nervous.

"Good, now excuse me. I have to help my friend's get settled in. I hope they'll be staying for a while." I walk out of the kitchen and take my juice to my room. I love those kinds of conversations, it seems like a luxury with how infrequent they are but when they happen, it opens me up.

I wish the events of the past don't haunt me so much, but the past is what makes a person. I am who I am because of what has happened to me. Although I wish most of them hadn't occurred, who would I be if they hadn't? This is what I must find out.

All of the counselling I had been given for those events didn't do any good. I got into some spiritual stuff and no one believed me, not even the counsellor. They thought I was crazy and I lost a lot of people's trust, so over the years I've been perfecting my over coat. Learning body language and showing people only what I want them to see, never actually telling them my past but leaving hints just in case anything happened to me. I did it to my friends to, Chanel and Zoe, but they never quite picked it up.

If anything ever happens to me it's going to be their test to figure it out, my past. Which will probably lead to what happens to me but none of them seem to be clueing in yet. I sit on my bed and check my phone, two missed calls and a text. I wonder who that is. I think to myself sarcastically. Zac... Chanel was clueing in a bit, but I was really trying to jump start her mind so the chain reaction can start. But their minds are too set on reality that they forget to stretch it across the bounds like I have in order to get where I am today. I guess along the way I kind of lost myself to the point where I didn't know myself anymore.

Reality didn't do me any good so that's why my mind is so different, I think of things differently. But for those who are doing fine, they're the ones in real trouble.

I hear a light knock at the door, Chanel, "Come in." I murmur as I look at the floor.

She walks in light footedly. "I heard what happened downstairs." She grins at me and I take a sip of my juice.

"Yeah well, what's mine is mine." I rub my arms at the sudden coldness in the room. Chanel sits down beside me and doesn't meet my eyes.

"I never quite understood what you were thinking when you were with us." Chanel sounds generally upset, I sigh.

"It doesn't matter anymore." Chanel still looks troubled. "Can we not talk about this anymore? There's a reason why I didn't tell you..." Chanel's face falls and I look to the door at a sudden sound, "and Zoe's here." I get up to greet her into my room.