Chapter 23 - All The Love In The World

"Just because no on loves you in that moment, doesn't mean you're never going to be loved." When Zac speaks I nuzzle into him a little more. "Remember when you said that to me?" I nod sheepishly. "Do you still believe that?" I sit up, giving up on more sleep and glare at him. Tyler said those words too, did they mean to him as much as they meant to me?

My eyes soften when I see Zac's kind eyes. "I'd like to say I don't, but truthfully yes. The number one reason for that is because it's shitty logic, and there's nothing like following shitty logic." Zac smirks down at me and I sigh as I lie back down for sleep.

"Do you want to see Tyler again today?" My mood plummets and I squirm to look at Zac.

"Well, Yeah of course." I frown at him and he sighs.

"I've put you in a bad mood haven't I?"

"No, no-" I try to reason with him and he groans,

"I have. I'm sorry Tess; I shouldn't have brought that up." I reach up to his face and bring it down to mine.

"It's okay." I assure him and kiss him slowly when a low groan comes from his throat. "No one should be saying sorry but me." I add quickly and Zac looks at me, stricken.

"You have to stop blaming yourself, you clearly love him. I'm sure he knows it, and I'm sure he doesn't blame you. No one can blame you for what happened." I cast my eyes down.

I whisper lightly, "How can you say it so casually?" Zac looks at me confused.

When it dawns on him he goes oh. "Just say it Tess." He offers me. My heart begins doing back flips into my stomach and I find it hard to breath for a while.

I shake my head a little, scared. "It's not necessary. I don't have to say it right now." I whisper.

"Just say it." He presses further,

"No," I finalise sternly.

"Tess, just say the words." He says it like I'm making a fuss over nothing.

"No. It's not necessary right now."

"It is necessary," Zac reasons with me," Because you need to tell Tyler." His words surprise me.

"What's going to happen if I say the words anyway? Huh? Because I sure as hell don't want to say them and then be cast away. Those words... they've manipulated people's minds into thinking they're an easy word to use. They aren't, they're sacred. I don't want to say them and waste them." Zac looks at me dumbfounded.

"Well look at it this way, you haven't said it in forever. Don't you think it would be nice if Tyler heard you say them?" I nod a little.

"How can you be sure?" I look into his deep brown eyes. My heart feels like it's expanding, like it might explode.

"It's obvious, you look at him with so much emotion and you've never been able to choose which one, isn't it time you summed it all up in three words?" A good minute passes of me sitting there with my eyes widening and closing again. "Just three little words." He mumbles.

If I say the words... it's not going to make Tyler better, but if I don't say them... what's the point of them existing if I can't say them to someone who deserves it?"Oh fuck." I run my hands through my hair and lean on my shoulders. Then I stop my wandering mind. "No. If I love him –hypothetically - then there's nothing for you." I look at Zac shyly, his kind eyes boring into me.

"It doesn't matter right now. You need to tell him." He laughs a little at himself and I look up, questioning. "It feels like I'm letting you go." I grip his face in both my hands,