It's been two weeks since the lockdown. Two weeks since I escaped Piper's clutches. Two weeks since I've seen Levi.

"General Hudson is ruining Vertigo City. He won't let anyone enter or leave without facing strict military punishment, there's a curfew, and citizens are required to keep going on about their daily lives even though he's stripping them of their free will. Half my officers were taken out of town so crimes run rampant and Hudson does nothing to stop it. Mayor Lance won't try to stop him because she's under his control. Hudson says it's to help contain the Supers but you told me he's the one behind it all. So why is he doing this to Vertigo?"

"You want to be the one to stop him," I say. I can see it in her eyes. She'll do whatever it takes to free Vertigo City, "And for some reason you want my help."

She nods. "Hudson has all the playing pieces right now. If we want to stand a chance we need a secret weapon. So what better then his secret weapon program?"

She wants me to round up the Supers.

"I don't know Detective. I don't like him any more than you do but I don't really feel like playing hero any more. I'm seventeen for crying out loud! I don't want to save the city."

"No, but you want to save your friend. Levi. They have him and you'll do anything it takes to get him back."

What is she trying to offer? I raise an eyebrow and the Detective continues, "What if I told you I have a plan? I have way out of the city and a way to locate where they're keeping Levi. I just need you to assemble your team."

Should I send my bat signal into the sky now?

My team. Right now it consists of Finn and sort of Circe. That's not nearly enough to take on Hudson. We'd need all the Olympians and sure they've been spotted around town but no one's been able to make contact. But it's possible and I'm desperate. The Detective might be offering me my only choice.

"Okay," I nod, "I'm in. I don't know how I'll get a team but I'll figure it out. I always do."

The Detective and I finalize our plans before I'm escorted out the door and back onto the cool streets of Vertigo City.

I walk in silence in the dark back alleys. My mind is swarming a million miles a minute as I try to think up an impossible game plan.

I'm so preoccupied I almost don't notice the footsteps behind me.

Almost.

"I know you're here."

Finn zooms over so that he's right next to me.

"How'd you do that? Is it your weird clone powers?"

"It's the fact you suck at being sneaky," I frown, "I thought I told you not to follow me."

"Which made me really want to follow you," he tries before smiling apologetically, "Yah, yah I know I'm being stalker-ish but can you blame me? You keep disappearing mysteriously in the middle of the night. It's sort of suspicious and you're not exactly great at being sneaky either."

"It's not my fault you have super senses and pick up everything," I roll my eyes, "Besides, I was totally going to tell you right after. It's finally time we make our move."

Finn raises an eyebrow. "You have a game plan?"

"Partially. Just a few more pieces need to fall into place."

Finn stretches out his arms, as if we were about to spring into action this very second. "Good because I'm tired of waiting around. It's about time we rescue Levi and free city."

"I take it you're in then?"

Finn grins at me, "Is that even a question? Of course I'm in! Mack and Finn, the original dynamic duo."

"Pretty sure thats Batman and Robin," I correct.

"Nah, those two got nothing on us," he laughs before turning to me with his bright blue eyes, "But seriously, we've been in this together since the beginning. Me and you. The Hero and his Sidekick."

I punch him lightly on the shoulder, which only results in my own hand throbbing (you'd think I'd have learned better by now) "Mackenzie Reyes is so not a sidekick."

"What?" Finn teases, "I've definitely heard you call yourself my sidekick. Own up Reyes."

"It's grown on me a little bit," I admit, but only I'm allowed to call myself that.

It's going to be hard rounding up the rest of the Supers to help our side but at least I know Finn always has my back.

Right now it feels like it's Finn and I against the world.

... ok maybe not the world but at least against a powerful psychopath capable of locking down my entire city and is growing his own army of super human soldiers. That's more then I ever bargained for.

Who'd ever think I'd miss the days Abbey Tanaka was my biggest problem?

But he's right. It's the two of us.

We started this together and now we're going to end it.

{a/n: First chapter of the final book! Let me know what you think and thanks for reading! }