Chapter 9

"Wait!  All of this happened and you didn't tell me?!" said Lori.

Me and her were on the phone talking.  She was talking so loud I could barely keep the phone in my ear.  But I had to laugh at it.

"Oh my god Lori stop yelling." I said chuckling.

"Sorry.  But oh my god!  I knew this would happen.  I knew it!" she exclaimed.

"Yeah I guess you were right." I said.

"So are yall like the hot couple in school now?" she asked.

"I really don't know." I said.

After me and Bryan kissed earlier that day, no words were said.  He smiled at me and walked away.  I was too dumb founded to do anything besides walk my own way.  So was that a goodbye kiss?  An I want you kiss?   An I love you kiss?  I needed to know.

"Well I hope so." Lori said.

"Well on monday I guess we'll find out." I said.

**************************************************************************************

I walked into school monday morning with a eager, hopeful vibe.  I really wanted it to work with Jayson.  I turned the corner and I ran into Lori.  She completely left everything she was doing and walked with me to my locker.

"So where's your boyfriend?" she asked with a smile.

"Shut up.  We aren't anything...yet." I said.

She laughed and I joined in.  We walked up to my locker and I opened it.  Me and Lori almost screamed because something popped out of the locker when I opened it.  But then we saw it for what it was.  It was a bouquette of roses.  I love roses.

"Okay this is too cute!" yelled Lori.

I started to blush as I grabbed the card out of the roses.

Layla,

You represent the beauty this earth needs.  The way you are, your personality, lights up my day everytime I see you.  When I touch you I get a shock that I never knew was humanly possible.  Just the warmth you present in your presence is like the sun.  I want you to be mine and forever always.

You know who 

At this point my cheecks were on fire.  Lori looked at me and laughed.

"What's so funny?" I asked smiling.

"ooooo your whipped!" she said jumping up and down.

"I am not." I said turning my head.

I didn't want her to see the huge ass smile on my face.

"Mhm...sure your not." she said.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

The bell rang.

"Okay I got to go to class but if anything else happens please tell me immidiately." she said walking away.

"I will!" I yelled down the hallway.

I had to go to the office that morning so I walked the opposite way from class.  I really wanted to see Jay now.  I was about to open the door when I ran into Shane.

"Oh.  Hey Shane." I said.

"Hi Layla." he said.

"What are you doing in the office?" I asked.

"Oh I had to go talk to my counselor." he said.

"Oh okay." I said.

I was about to keep walking when Shane called me back.