Seto scooted back and shouted, "19! I'm 19!"

What was he going to do, why was he asking these questions. The morvic stood there for a second, as if thinking about his answer. What was going on?

He snorted, "Guess today's not your day. If you'd been just two years younger I would've let you lived, because you technically wouldn't be an adult." He sighed, "You're a little short for 19, but if that's how old you are, shame. Not that I like humans." He spat out his last sentence.

Seto's eyes widened. The Morvic grinned, "I'm feeling nice though, I'll make it quick, just a few chops here and there, won't even feel a thing!" He swung his axe around and lunged towards Seto.

Seto only had a narrow window of opportunity, and he took it. As fast as he could he pushed himself away and sloppily stood up, his right shoulder crashed into a tree. He cried out and using his left arm pushed away from the tree and stumbled deeper into the woods. He couldn't remember which direction he came from and so he ran madly with no sense of direction. Oh how he wished he hadn't just followed his stupid instinct! He was going to die!

He looked back behind him to see no one chasing him, this caused him to foolishly stop running. He panicked when he realized one thing, the others had climbed trees with expertise! So realistically so could his attacker!

Seto looked up just in time to see the fur covered male falling from the branches, axe out and aiming for his head. Seto ducked and ran away.

"Quit running! You're only going to make this worse for yourself!"

Seto panted, he knew he was horrible at running, his time at the army camp made that apparent, but right now his life depended on it. He pumped his legs faster and ran with all his might.

Seto felt the speed of an object fly by him, narrowly missing his head and into a tree. He screamed and skidded to a stop. He whipped around only to be tackled by the Morvic. His arms pinned as he stared into the cold eyes of what would be his killer.

"Why are humans so stupid, Morvics are physically faster than your tiny legs." He huffed, "I mean what idiot of a human would be traveling in this part of the forest anyway!"

"W-wait! You have it all wrong, I was just curious, m-my instinct, I was following my instinct."

"He snorted, "Instinct? A human with instinct! What a laugh, we all know the only thing humans are good for are oppressing those who are different, and being the greedy bast**** they are. Then passing it on to their snot-nosed children!" He taunted, with one arm he held him down then reached up and yanked his axe out. The jolt from doing so knocked the breath out of Seto.

The Morvic glanced at him and raised the axe above his head, "Hmph, well so long." He swung the axe.

"Wait! I'm--I'm just like you!" Seto squeezed his eyes shut, he heard the sound as the axe embedded itself into the ground next to him. He blinked in surprise as he wasn't dead yet, but immediately regretted it when he looked into the Morvics eyes.

The Morvics face was a look of pure rage, "Like me!" He grabbed Seto by the fabric of his cloak and lifted him up and slammed him into a nearby tree, "Like me! Don't make me laugh! There is nothing I have in common with a disgusting, greedy, whiny human like you." Seto couldn't breathe, he felt his throat as pressure was increased.

"No human will ever understand what it is like! Your people mercilessly hunt and kill mine, it's only right we take a stand and do the same, what would you know!" He screamed at me, his sharp teeth bared, his face so close to Seto he could smell the strong odor of fish.

Seto opened his mouth, but no words could come out, he felt himself losing consciousness at the lack of air. Suddenly the grip on his neck was loosened and he was thrown to the ground.