Chapter 14: What's My Age Again?

His eyes. His baby blue eyes poured into mine with so much love, lust, and hope.

Is this really true? I'm not dreaming?

"You what?" I asked.

"I love you." He answered giving me a small smile.

I returned it. "Well this was nice." I broke the silence.

"Yeah but I seriously do."

"I seriously think I do too." I stuttered. I do though. I'm not gonna lie to the 'like' of my life.

"You seriously do what?" He asked. "Love me?"

"You know it's hard for me to say those words."

"I know. But just know I really do."

"Good." I smiled.

"To be honest I've the nerve to kiss you right now but I don't know if I should."

"What was your other idea?"

"We just stay up here and cuddle or we go down and find a corner and make out."

"You're making me regret liking you."

"The second idea of the three?"

"How about a mix of the first and the third just up here?" I asked wrapping my arms around his neck.

"What's my age again?" He choked tightening his grip around me.

"I'm pretty sure 29."

"It's a rhetorical question because in shock you like my ideas."

"Yeah. Now that song is stuck in my head.

"Sorry."

"It's okay."

I kissed him one more time then wrapped my arms around his torso and put the of my face into his chest and looking at the sky and view.

__________________________

I arrived at the arena and changed into my attire. I roamed the halls with my music blasting through my black and blue beats as I was playing minecraft on my phone.

I felt arms snaked around my waist and then my feet lifted off the ground. I felt myself be placed on a crate and I took my headphones off and placed them around my neck as I looked at the face. "Dean."

"Hey beautiful." He pecked me lips.

"Your lips taste like pizza." I gasped. "They have pizza in catering and you didn't tell me about it when I texted you?"

"Sorry I wanted some pizza before my girlfriend ate all of it."

"Your girlfriend?" I asked biting my tongue.

"Uh...yeah. Is that okay?"

"Of course. I don't mind boyfriend. Now I need pizza."

"Diddo."

"No you hid it from me so you don't get any!"

"I love you."

"Yeah you love my food."

"I sure do."

I hopped down and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder as we walked.

We arrived and I got the last six pieces that's all Dean left.

We sat down and he tried to keep stealing my food but I slapped his arm away.

He finally gave up and put his arm across the back of my chair.

"No!" I heard Nikki say.

"Yes he is! As your sister please listen." Brie persuaded Nikki as they sat with us at the table.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Yeah take the drama to your momma." Dean said looking at his phone.

"I am trying to tell Nikki that John is jealous because of her hanging out with Dolph all the time bit she isn't listening."

"That's because I don't hang out with him as much as I do with John."

"To be honest Nik you kinda have been." I said.

"Look, I don't like or love Dolph. I love and like John. But moving on from me what the hell happened to these two?"

"Oh I kissed her." Dean said looking up from his phone with a serious face.

"Wow so you guys are like, a thing?" Brie asked.

"I...uh..." I looked at Dean.

"It's complicated." He said.

"Let me make it easy then, you guys are dating." Brie said.

"Look it may. Be easy for you guys but you know it's not for me." I said leaning back and feeling his hand on my shoulder.

"Look at what you're both doing know. I know it's hard but it's true. I mean come on you're 23, Atticus." Nikki said.

"That doesn't matter." I got up and walked out and into the hall. I just leaned against a wall.

I felt someone approach me and his hand cupped my face. The other held my waist. "What is going on?" Dean asked.

"What are we?"

"What do you wanna be?"

"Something. I want to date you but I just don't know if I'm ready."

"Listen Atticus, I would never do anything or let anything hurt you in anyway."

"Promise?"

He smiled and connected our lips. "Promise." He said smirking.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around his torso and hugged him close to me.