Chapter Twenty Nine.

Start from the beginning

We talked for few more minutes and then exited her room.
As soon as we were out of it, I threw all my anger at the guy in front of me.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing? Why are you lying to her now?" I shrieked out.

"She's already not fine. I don't want her to stress about anything, got that?" He shouted back and turned around to leave.

"Well, you don't have to worry about her. She's MY mom!" I cried back, now my face totally red from anger.

But I actually immediately regretted what I said. I shouldn't have said that. For him, my mom was more important than his own mother.

He turned back to me, his face showed evidently what we call an expression of hurtfulness.

I looked down.

"Listen...I didn't mean that. I was just-" I tried to apologize.

"No you listen! If you want me to not come here, I will not. But I can't stop caring about her. I'm not heartless like you! Sometimes it's better to think before opening your big mouth." He took out all the hurt out in the form of his anger. He was always like that, I knew him.

And I knew that I shouldn't say anything else now. He would get more hurt. I didn't want him to be in pain. I didn't care if he was putting me through hell. I still wanted him to step on the easiest and happiest ways.

I kept quiet looking down.

He called me heartless. That clicked me now.
But it was okay. I wasn't going to snap back. Till it had his happiness.

After a minute of silence, I thought of speaking something which would make him feel better.

"I want you to come here. You can take care of her better than I can. And she anyway loves you more." I said in a small voice. "Um...I'll go to the canteen. Kind of hungry..."

I made a small attempt of chuckling but it didn't work.
Without making any eye contact, I turned back and left, walking with heavy legs and a swollen heart.

When I was out of his sight, I let myself break. Tears flowed out as I sat on a bench of the hospital garden.

People saw me but no one came to sit nearby and ask what was wrong. What was wrong with this world?

I held my face in my hands and let out some more sobs before wiping away all the moisture and breathing calmly.

This crying part was something I was used to now.

Looking around the park, my irises fell on a group of small girls playing sandcastles. That immediately clicked my mind and took me back to those days of insanity. Two crazy fellows building sandcastles even after being in the age of sixteen. We were really, totally mad to do all that.
I smiled faintly at the memory but it faded as soon as I realized it could never be the same again.

That's so weird, right?

One moment you're loving this person, playing with him, spending your day with him. Your day starts with his good morning texts and ends with good night kisses. And the next moment he stands right there in front of you, shouting at you and calling you heartless like he doesn't care. He acts so icily that your heart seems swollen and everything feels dull.
And then you know that you will not be the same anymore.

I felt so weird at the moment.

What can two weeks do to you...

I sat there some more time, taking time to look at those innocent girls, who had no idea what the world was going to do to them when they will grow up.