Part 21: The power of love

He'd hurt her more than he realized, Karen answering every phone call for her, not wanting anything to do with Lindsey until she knew for sure that he was fixing the petty problems that he was dealing with. Stevie knew that Lindsey was always a jealous person, jealous of the men that would flirt with her but she had tried to make it clear so many times that Lindsey was who she loved. It was as if she was reliving her twenties all over again, dealing with Lindsey's insecurities. How could he still be the same possessive man he was all those years ago? Surely having children and being married for seventeen years had fixed the spots he needed to patch up? But it seemed to be that the more Stevie sat and thought about what he was expressing, he only did this with her. Lindsey had never been this jealous and possessive of his other girlfriends, even his ex wife! What was it about Stevie that made Lindsey turn in to a totally different person? She didn't want to give him back that ring, she had promised him that she would marry him, and she still wanted to - she just had to see that he was willing to work on his issues before they started living together again. Marriage was a big step and a serious one at that.

Stevie ended up going on tour. She released all the material that she had made with Dave and Daniel on to another set for 24 karat gold, selling many more copies than the first set, making Stevie incredibly proud. Music was and would always be her first love.

It wasn't a world tour, just a small US tour to promote the album, enjoying herself and trying to keep her mind off of what exactly Lindsey may be doing. There were times when she about broke down and called him, begging him to meet her in whatever city she may be performing in, but if she broke down then maybe he wouldn't think him changing would be that big of a deal afterall.

Lindsey cooped himself up in his condo, taking Stevie's ring with him everywhere. It fit his pinky finger and he planned on keeping it there until he saw her again, to be able to prove to her that he was working on his problems.

He had a long talk with Daniel Sky, calling him up a few days after the incident. Daniel claimed that he was in a long term relationship with his High School sweetheart, not in any way interested in Stevie, apologizing for what he witnessed to look so much different than what it really was. Lindsey felt like a complete fool, doing his best to explain himself, but knowing the young producer must have lost some respect for him - though Daniel claimed otherwise. It was definitely some sort of male pride thing going on and Lindsey feeling the need to protect his mate from prying eyes.

After knowing that Karen would definitely not relay any messages to Stevie for him, he began to write beautiful written love notes. He knew that Stevie had a soft spot for romantic gestures and thought he could get through to her somehow but of course Karen took care of Stevie's mail, all his letters being returned. It drove Lindsey mad. All he wanted was to give the woman he loved some form of affection and if she wouldn't take it physically, he thought maybe mentally. His heart was broken and so he ended up following her tour schedule, missing the ones in California but knowing that he had to show up somehow. He decided to pick the show out in Vegas, knowing that Stevie usually spent some time having fun in the Casinos.

Heading to the back door of the arena, Lindsey was stopped by security and all he had to do was open his wallet and show I.D., them allowing him to pass with the okay of the tour manager. He was holding a dozen red roses, a beautiful poem he created inside a tiny card that was attached to the stems.

Finding Stevie's dressing room, he wanted to make sure that she was alone, maybe not even in her room at all. He wasn't sure if he should be holding the roses as he made his presence known or leave them for her to find after the show. All he knew was that he needed her and he'd fight to get her back.

Knocking on her door, he waited, Karen appearing from the other side and gasping as she walked out in to the hall to close the door behind her.

"Lindsey, what in God's name do you think you're doing here?!" spatting under her breath.