Part 10: Take me away

Since Lindsey gave in, showed Stevie what making love was again, they were closer than ever. Both of them would share the most intimate expressions, showing the other the love they held. It was difficult around his wife and children but his children were naïve enough to not understand what was going on between them. For all they knew, this was a blessing that they were getting along so well; all three kids knew of the blow ups that each of them could start. Most of the time it scared them if they saw their father in a heated argument with their God mother, taking to her side almost immediately. This was a positive in their books to see their father so calm.

Karen greeted Stevie and Lindsey at the front door of Stevie's home, allowing them through the gate, then escorting them inside. She was fully healed now and ready to see her boss, falling to tears as Stevie questioned Lindsey on how long they'd known each other. Lindsey had to console Karen and Stevie apologized for not remembering her, making her cry as well; now Lindsey had two women in his arms.

"Where is Sulamith?" Karen asked, knowing her boss always had that precious dog with her.

Stevie looked at Lindsey, "Oh, his girls adore her and so I left her at the house."

Shaking her head, Karen scoffed a little. "That's definitely not the Stevie I know."

"Karen," Lindsey spoke up as he saw Stevie's hurt expression, "...lets not make her feel worse than she already does."

"I'm sorry, I just still can't believe that this is happening," placing her hands on Stevie's shoulders.

"Excuse me," Stevie said as she wiped the remaining tears from her face, heading up the stairs to the bedroom she remembered Lindsey bringing her to. She wanted to be alone.

Lindsey watched her walk away, looking back over at Karen as he sighed. "She goes through these emotional outbursts, the crying is something that is actually not abnormal for her. She's still as sensitive as ever," placing his hands on his hips as he looked down at the beautiful tiled floor.

"When I saw that Sulamith was not with her, I knew that something was indeed wrong. Is there anything that has shown a small sign of recovery?" Karen asked as she sat on the bottom of the staircase.

"The only things that seem to catch my attention are how she'll word things. Like, I'll hear her talking in lyrics she's written before," sitting down next to her.

"In lyrics?" looking at him with a confused expression.

"Yeah. She's mentioned things that she's wrote already, talking of a secret love and mentioning the softness of my lips."

"What?" Karen raised her eyebrows. "What would even get her to mention such things? Are you...?" cocking her head.

There was no use hiding it, what he had with Stevie was special. "Are we together? Is that what you're asking?"

"How else could she know the softness of your lips, Lindsey?" raising her shoulders.

He looked down at the floor as he placed his hands on his knees, "We've went over our relationship and I've told her stories of our past, she fell in love with me the minute she heard me speak at the hospital."

"Oh, Christ," Karen placed a hand to her forehead. "And you're leading her on thinking that it's real?"

"Karen," lowering his voice, "...Stevie and I were already together before the accident."

"I'm really not surpsied," crossing her arms over her chest.

"The thing is, there are no fights and there's no competition. Nothing negative about what has happened - actually, everything went from negative to a postive just over night. Stevie has become this soft and gentle human being. I haven't seen her get angry more than once and it was at her party a few weeks ago. Her brother tried to turn her against me and she blew it all up in my face, I had to get her to trust me again."

Memories (Mature)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara