Part 7: To make you smile again

The beautiful sound of a guitar strumming could be heard, Stevie's eyes fluttering open as she then heard the voice of her angel. It didn't take long before she was throwing the covers off of her to pull on her robe, tying it tightly around her body as she headed down the hall to the music hitting her ears. Lindsey was seen with headphones on as he strummed, singing something beautiful that had her heart melting in to a pool of desire. Did he know that she was there? Was he playing this for her or was he simply just biding time with his hobbies?

"...there's no use in why or when

There's no use in crying

And so begin again, begin again

That's what she said so softly

I understand for once in my life

And feeling good most of the time

'Cause she smiled sweetly, she smiled sweetly..."

Of course, she was smiling, sweetly. Stevie stood against the doorway, arms crossed over her chest as she closed her eyes and listened to his soothing voice. What she would give for him to just sing her to sleep every night, he was so darling and filled with so much love for her.

Her eyes focused on him now and deeply, him being taken out of his trance as he saw his dream girl standing there before him. Lindsey's fingers stopped playing, his lips parted, and he slowly removed his headphones.

"Steph..." wondering how long she'd been standing there listening. "How are you this morning?" placing down his guitar as he stood and reached for her, taking her hands as she held him instead. She didn't want just a hand touch, she wanted his body close to hers.

"I had yet to see you singing with a guitar, it touched me in more ways than you could know. To be woken by my angel again," taking in the scent of his cologne, breathing heavily as her heart began to pound. His hands were caressing her backside and moving up to her neck, she wanted so much more.

"You truly are just as much an angel to me as I am to you," cupping her face as he rubbed her lips with his thumbs. "How long were you standing there? Do you understand what those lyrics were about?"

Stevie shook her head, "I would like them to be about me, as you said most of your songs have."

"Well, this is true; it is about you. You have a song called, Smile at you, and this was almost a response to your song. The way your song had went was almost on the angry side, you regretting your sweetness towards me and then feeling as if I took that away, turning your love in to rage."

"How could I ever have rage towards you is beyond me, Lindsey. I've looked at our photos together and I've listened to my songs, I can't be more than in love with you as I am right now. I can't speak for myself years ago because this is all I know right now and as these weeks have gone by, I fall even more."

All this time, Lindsey has wanted to feel love with her again. He's begged her, crawled on his knees for her to take him back, and then he had given up and married another woman to fill the void. Now here was Stevie, a whole different woman, willing to give her soul to him at this very moment. What could he do and how could he respond to this? "There's a lot that has resurfaced, Stevie, you're so enticing and that desire is so strong. I simply don't know what to do," running his hands through her hair as he caressed the back of her head.

"The aching need to feel you is strong but I know it's wrong," finding the top of his shirt to be open, moving a hand inside as she stroked his chest hair.

Lindsey began to cry, taking her hand and kissing her wrist, placing her palm against his face as he let the tears fall from his eyes. She reached up her other hand to console him, stroking back his hair as she then cradled his head in to her hands. His arms went around her waist and he cried as if a child, heartbroken and as if there was forever darkness. He remembered how Stevie said she didn't want to be part of that darkness with him again but all he's ever did was love her. "I've waited ages to hear you admit a slim chance of your desire and here you're the woman I've always wanted you to be, yet, you're not really who you are standing in front of me. If you were to ever regain your memories back, I can assure you that you'd feel much differently for me again."