Part 20: Fix you

Things were going well. Exceptionally well. Stevie was going in to the studio regularly, not just to make songs for another album, but to come back to the band with some new material. They were all ecstatic, welcoming their Gypsy songstress back, all excited for what she could bring to the table.

There was no date set up so far for the band to get together as a whole but it was almost as if they would be working on the new album seperately. Lindsey already had Christine's songs done, just needed Stevie's vocals, and now all they would need is the rest of the band to add to Stevie's. It was a positive from all ends, except that Stevie just had to commit to a day on explaining what songs she wanted to use. Lindsey was getting antsy and knew what studio that Stevie was occupying with Dave, doing his best not to be jealous over him spending more time with her than him.

He walked down the long hall of the studio, finally coming to the room Stevie was occupying. The red light was not on so that meant that there was no recording going on at the time being. He knocked and Daniel answered, Lindsey's heart sinking.

"Why, Mr. Buckingham, what a surprise!" stepping to the side as he let him pass through. "Stevie, Lindsey is here," turning around to face her through the glass. She had on her headphones and then took them off to wave. "Why don't you have a seat, we were just waiting on Dave to get back with our lunch."

"Oh," Lindsey sighed, "I kind of came here to surprise her, wanted to take her out to lunch actually."

"Hey, Linds," Stevie greeted him as she walked out of the booth, wrapping her arms around Lindsey and giving him a kiss. "What are you doing here?"

"Hey, beautiful," placing his hands on to her shoulders and then to take her face, "I thought I would surprise you and take you out to lunch."

"Oh, Linds, that is very thoughtful of you but we really need to get working on the rest of these songs," gesturing to the papers on the desk.

His smiled faded, "I see..."

"You're more than welcome to stay, Linds," keeping her arms around his neck.

"No, that's fine. I have to go change my reservation to one," chuckling a bit to hide his disappointment.

"You really made reservations?" shocked at the gesture, finding it to be romantic. "You could have called me earlier to let me know. You know how recording is, baby, there's no time frame to when these sessions can end. I plan on having twelve new songs by the end of the week."

"Are you sure that not even an hour could be spared for me?" Lindsey asked as he stepped near, rubbing her chin with his thumb.

"Take me to dinner?" her hands cradled the back of his head, grazing her lips against his.

"But what if I want to take you to lunch and dinner," answering her as he grazed his lips back against hers.

"Stevie, we should really finish this song up here before Dave gets back," Daniel interrupted.

She turned her head around as her arms were still around Lindsey's neck, "I know, just let me say goodbye for now," then turned her head back around to place her forehead against his. "Baby," giving him soft kisses, "...I'll have to take a rain check for lunch. If I would have known you were coming and had everything planned, I would have, but I've already committed my afternoon to the studio."

Lindsey sighed, not happy with her, especially not happy with Daniel. Who did this little twerp think he was anyway?

"Talk to me, Lindsey," noticing how unhappy he became, holding his face.

"Alright, I guess I will cancel and just see you later - you know, when you have time for us," backing away from her as he headed for the door. "So sorry to be an inconvience," opening the door and then leaving.