Part 8: It's my party...

Putting together a party for Stevie was harder than Lindsey thought, as Karen usually was the one to put together these sort of events but with her still recovering and suffering a few broken bones - there was no way that she could do it. Lindsey retrieved a book of numbers and addresses that were filled with people Stevie knew personally, sending out invites to everyone that he thought could attempt an impact on her memory. His children helped send out the invites and Kristen put together all the catering, now all that was left was to get Stevie out of the house and around town to pick out that new dress he promised.

On the night of the party, Lindsey made sure to have Stevie's makeup artist swing by in order to help her with getting ready. He knew that Stevie would have a tough time attempting things on her own and that it would just be easier for him in the long run, his daughters also helping assist, which made them proud.

When Stevie was done getting ready, she looked like a dream. She had picked out a beautiful long red hour glass dress, black lace fringe around the skirt and black buttons running up the sides of the sleeves. Her hair accented a black rose with a few red feathers and her hair was flowing down in waves. The black stilleto pumps made the look complete and as Lindsey went to hand her a special gift to wear, he felt the air completely knocked out of him.

There Stevie was, walking down the stairs as he headed up, freezing as he then walked backwards to allow her down. His eyes took every inch of her in, her shyly looking away as if a school girl at prom. She met him at the bottom of the stairs as he took a few more steps back to look at her, Lindsey had never seen her look as beautiful as this moment.

"Isn't she pretty, daddy?!" asked Stella as she ran down the stairs with her sister, LeeLee.

Lindsey couldn't speak, still admiring the woman in front of him, Stella poking him in order to get his attention. "Huh?" Lindsey blinked and looked at his adoring child.

"I said, isn't she pretty?" Stella with a little annoyance to her voice.

"Pretty is almost an understatement..." looking back at Stevie as she finally met his eyes, him feeling his heart race with complete desire.

"I helped her put the flower in her hair," LeeLee spoke as she smiled at her father.

"And you did a perfect job, both of you. Thank you so much for helping Stevie with her party," hugging both his girls as he then asked them to go help their mother in the kitchen. "Stevie," taking a step towards her as he fondled a strand of hair, "You're incredibly beautiful right now."

"Thank you," looking down at the floor as her face flushed, meeting his eyes again as she wasn't expecting his kiss. His arms went around her waist as he lightly took her mouth, carefully trying to make sure he didn't smear her red lips. Her mouth hung open at the shock, touching her face as she stared at him. Every time he kissed her, she felt more connected than ever.

"I have something for you, honey," taking a long black box out of his pocket. "Close your eyes and open your hands."

Stevie obliged as she smiled, hands shaking, then felt a coolness enter her hand just like in the hospital. She opened her eyes and gasped. There lay a beautiful crescent pendant filled with crystals, similar to the one that was stolen, but just as beautiful. Her heart sang, looking at him as a few single tears fell from her smokey eyes. "You...You bought this for me?"

"I did," dabbing at her eyes with the tissue from his back pocket. "I had it specially made, turn it over."

"I love you to the moon and back," she read and then took his face in to her hands, "Thank you and I love you, too," whispering the last few words for only him to hear.