Part 2: Where is she?

A few days went by since the accident, Stevie being escorted around her floor with a nurse, trying to get her to move around instead of lying in bed. Her muscles were sore, her hip was killing her, and the pounding in her head only increased as she walked. Lindsey could notice the obvious pain she was in by trailing behind them, placing a hand on Stevie's back as she stopped and looked up at him.

"Are you hurting?" he asked her as Stevie gave a small nod.

"Mr. Buckingham, it's crucial to her health that she keeps her muscles going - she'll never be released if the doctor doesn't see progression," her nurse informed.

"Why don't we ask her first. Do you want to keep walking, baby?" Lindsey wrapped an arm around her shoulder very protectively.

"My hip is hurting me," Stevie explained, placing a hand on her side as Lindsey picked her up in to his arms.

"She can't be walking like this, she has a screw in her hip and I'm not going to see her risk this."

"Please, Mr. Buckingham, just let her finish this circle around the nurses station and we'll take her right back to her room."

Lindsey held Stevie in his arms like she was the most precious being on the planet, cuddling her to him as she had an arm around his neck, closing her eyes as she was literally listening to his heart beating. He smiled down at her as she looked so innocent, not the same Stevie that was screaming her head off at him night after night. This obstacle in her life was going to draw him incredibly close to her again, feeling the need to protect her. "I'm just worried about her..." he whispered.

"I know you are and I find it to be incredibly romantic," the nurse placed a hand on Lindsey's shoulder, "But while she's in the hospital and under our care, we know what we're doing."

"Steph?" Lindsey looked down at her but she clearly had fallen asleep. "She's sleeping," he looked over at the nurse.

"In that case, I don't see how we can force her to do anymore walking today," her nurse sighing as she placed her hands on her hips.

"I'll take her back to her room," he said as he began to carry her down the hall and to her room, slowly placing her down on to her bed as he covered her with a blanket.

"Thank you," whispered Stevie as she then opened her eyes, smiling at him.

"So you were pretending to be asleep?" he asked her, tucking the blanket in around her.

"I was so tired of walking and took the chance to pretend to be sleeping to get out of it. I want to be alone with you."

Lindsey laughed at her, placing a kiss on to her forehead as he felt her whole body tingle.

"You do that so well," complimenting his kiss.

"Do what well?" he asked her, sitting on the side of her bed as he cocked his head.

"Kisses. As you know I don't remember any kisses but for some reason I feel they were very special with you," taking his hand as she placed it against hers.

"Everything was special with you," Lindsey felt his heart break, wishing she could remember all the times he made her feel loved.

"Who are you married to? Do I know her or like her?" playing with his wedding band.

"Her name is, Kristen, we met her in..." he laughed to himself, she wouldn't remember anything about, The Dance. "She was a photographer that did some photos of our band and as it wasn't serious, my relationship with her was never supposed to get as serious as it did...You and I," meeting Stevie's eyes as he saw her heart breaking. "You and I were trying to patch up everything - we never got along very well, honestly, and I confessed everything to you but as we were trying...I got Kristen pregnant and everything spun out of control from there. The two of you get along quite well but there were times that I knew both of you hid your true feelings."