Part 17: Back home

The ride to Lindsey's condo was extremely quiet. Karen was escorting Stevie there in her car, she was now back to being Stevie's third arm, but not as if she could move in to his place. Stevie wasn't sure what was going to come out of this. Would she stay engaged and wait to marry? Would she just go ahead and marry or would she cancel everything?  Everyone knew that she still had feelings for Lindsey and he definitely had them for her. She once said that down the road, if there wasn't anyone better that would come along, then they would probably end up marrying each other. That of course didn't happen because Kristen had gotten in the way but now she was supposedly completely out of the picture and Stevie had free rein of the situation at hand.

"Well, here we are," Karen said as she pulled in to the parking lot. "It's actually a very nice condo, not a lot of space that you would be used to, but at the time you said that you didn't want to live in that home anymore. You claimed that it was "too big" and there was no point in living in a space that you had no reason to inhabit."

"I must have really  hit my head hard then," Stevie rolled her eyes as she put her sunglasses on, trying to cover her arms by crossing them over her chest. She hated the dress that she had worn to the hospital! She never wore anything but black and apparently the other side of her wanted nothing but colors. It also was sleeveless and Stevie never showed her arms anymore, she was ashamed of them.

"I have an extra key here that Lindsey gave me so we can enter the building with out ringing the buzzer," Karen claimed as she got out of the car then opened the door for Stevie, showing her the way inside then in to the elevators to Lindsey's door.

"All I want to do is take a shower, something, I hate hospitals," said Stevie as Karen opened the door and then Sulamith came running to Stevie's feet. "Oh, my little sweet girl!" picking up the small terrier. "I missed you my sweet muffin," chuckling as her face was filled with dog kisses.

"Lindsey said that he would be home but I don't know if he's here or not, something about taking the kids back to Kristen's," closing the door behind them.

Stevie was silent, taking off her sunglasses, then walking around the condo with her dog in her arms. She investigated the living space top to bottom and was actually impressed that it was as clean as it was.

Entering the bedroom, she placed Sulamith down on to the bed, then took in all the interior. At least her other side had brought the gold frog Buddha that she adored so much, it was sitting on the edge of the vanity.

Sitting down on the edge of the bed, she noticed that they each had a photograph of each other on their nightstands. Stevie didn't recognize the photo at all and assumed that it was taken after her accident, picking it up in to her hands and noticing just how happy they both were. Was this really happening?

Placing the picture frame back down, she headed for the bathroom and then began to start the shower, removing her clothes and then hearing the door unlatch.

"I'm naked!" she grabbed for the towel hanging on the rack as Lindsey stuck his head in. "Lindsey, for God's sake, I'm not wearing anything!"

He shook his head, "Okay, and it's not the first time I've seen you."

"I don't care! Lindsey, please, leave!" holding the towel up to her chin and huffing once he closed the door for her.

Lindsey leaned up against the hallway that led to the bedroom, he really missed  the other side of her, but that wasn't technically really even her. This was her  and now he wasn't even sure if he could be married to her. Her constant mood swings and ego could really get in their way, not that he didn't have an ego, but they were so much alike that they would get on each others nerves at the drop of a hat.