Part 1: And the sands of time like shattering glass went past me

Cursing under her breath, Stevie was seriously considering never returning back to, Fleetwood Mac. That is - if her life depended on it. She was SO distraught and angry from Lindsey, constantly pressuring her in to new material and these fights after each show, now in Europe were driving her mad. Just the sound of her breathing could upset him and just the sound of him huffing was enough to force her to flee. Sleeping together had not been enough. Yes , Stevie was still secretly sleeping with this tormented man. Lindsey still held the torch of desire for this admirable female.

One night after a show, Lindsey had just begged Stevie for sex, pinning her to the wall of her dressing room and attempting to caress her in all the intimate areas of her petite body. Stevie denied him, that only making the anger for her not willing to join the band for another album, even more aggressive. She had fled her dressing room to get away from him as fast as she could, jumping in to the limo waiting for her at the back of the arena, and Lindsey trailing behind her. He banged his fists on the window where he knew she'd always sit, begging her to open the door as she made the driver speed out of the garage, not thinking clearly as he just wanted to please the rich woman in the back seat.

Lindsey stood with his hands on his hips, shaking his head, then as if out of no where, a car came crashing in to the right side of her limo. It caused the vehicle Stevie was in to roll down the street and Lindsey broke in to a speed of light as he ran with instant tears down his face, praying to God that their last encounter was not of distaste.

***

Her eyes were shut, her lip was busted and she was suffering an extreme blow to her head. Stevie's nurse told her bandmates that she had a concussion and severe bruising around her body, also needing stitches in various spots that glass had pierced deeply through her delicate skin. They were just thankful that she was alive but there was no way that Lindsey could calm down unless he witnessed her breathing for himself. He was taken to her room and it was dark, seemed very cold, but he could hear her heart monitor.

Standing next to her bed, he looked down at the woman he loved in a deep sleep, touching her face with the back of his hand and tangling his fingers with hers. He was so in love with her and seeing her like this only made him wish he could trade places. Her beautiful red lips were cracked and stitched from the blow to her face, kissing her at the corner of her mouth and nuzzling his face against her neck. Never in his wildest nightmares did he think this could happen to her, looking up to the heavens and asking God for her quick recovery.

"This was strangled around her neck," the nurse handed him the crescent moon she'd recently been wearing.

He took it from her hands and placed it to his lips, opening the palm of her hand and resting the necklace inside, closing her fingers around it. "Thank you for holding that for her."

"My pleasure...Normally we wouldn't give back personal property until a patient has been released but I was one of the first nurses to see her, I knew that it was effecting her breathing. I placed it in my pocket and thought you could give it back to her, you seem very close."

Lindsey just nodded as tears rolled down his face, holding her hand against his mouth.

"I also really hate to do this but I must ask you to leave now, you were just supposed to check on her, visiting hours were over a few hours ago."

"Please," Lindsey looked up at the young woman, "This is partially my fault," looking back at Stevie and once again touching her face.

The young nurse could sense the bond between them, that this man was deeply in love with the victim in bed, placing a hand on his shoulder. "I've seen some of the worst accidents but believe me, she's going to be alright."