He Realises He Messed Up- Calum

Creds- hot-af-Irwin
-------------------------------------------------------

Calum's P.O.V.
***One year ago***
"I can't believe you would do this Calum" She cries
I sigh, "You knew we weren't going to last...I don't see why it's such a big deal"
She widens her eyes before shouting, "YOU DON'T SEE WHY IT'S SUCH A BIG DEAL?! You are my BOYFRIEND Calum...boyfriends don't cheat. Did you ever really love me?"
I roll my eyes, "Sort of. Depends what you define as love"
"The kind that doesn't hurt?" She suggests
I shrug my shoulders, "Look, we were never really serious though, were we? You should be thankful you can get out of this while you can"
"THANKFUL?" She yells, "Oh you know what, just leave! You've got your point across, so you can go, okay?"

***Now***

"Dude have you heard the new Simple Plan track, it's insane" Michael says to me as we sit in a cafe waiting for our lunch to be served.
"Yeah, I have, I listened to it last night. It rocks" I agree
"So, err, has Emily called you yet?" He asks, changing the subject.
I shrug, "She might have"
He furrows his eyebrows, "Well, you'd know, wouldn't you?"
He smirk, "I may or may not have given her the wrong number"
Michael sighs, "You're such a dick, Calum. You can't just do shit like that"
I tut, "She'll get over me. We were just a one night thing anyway"
"You know, one day, something will happen and you'll totally regret ever cheating o-"
"(Y/N)!" I whisper, interrupting him.
"Yes, exactly. You'll regret ever cheating on (Y/N)" Michael replies
"No, no, no!" I disagree, "I mean, (Y/N), as in, she's just walked into the restaurant"
Michael turns his head, "Oh and would you look at that, there she is"
I watch as she waits around in the entrance. She hasn't spotted me yet, thankfully. It would be so awkward if she did. But then the door opens and a guy wraps his arms around her. At first, it got me worried because he could have been a complete stranger. But by the way she smiled, I assume they know each other. I'd even assume that he's her boyfriend.
Michael twists his face.
"What?" I ask
"See she bought her boyfriend with her" He continues
I shrug, "Why is that such a bad thing? They're a couple, couples go on lunch dates together"
"Like the two of you used to?" Michael questions
I roll my eyes, "used to being the operative two words in that question"
Michael sighs, "Whatever. I just think that was your biggest mistake"
"Yeah, and I'm beginning to believe that becoming your best friend was my biggest mistake instead" I spit
He rolls his eyes but doesn't say anything else. (Y/N) and her boyfriend are shown to a table. I don't know why, but I can't seem to stop watching them. She looks so happy. He looks so happy. They both look so happy. We were once happy. Until I went and fucked it up. Maybes Michael's right. Maybes I am a dick. Look at her. Laughing at his jokes with the same laugh that she used to laugh at my jokes with. Smiling at him the way she used to smile at me. Looking at him the same way she used to look at me. I hate this. I hate it. I hate him. I hate her. I hate Michael for pointing out how much of an idiot I am. And most of all I hate myself for being such an idiot.
"You know if looks could kill, I'm pretty sure (Y/N) and her guy friend would be ten feet under by now" Michael jokes, "You okay?"
"You know when you said that one day something would happen and I'd instantly regret ever cheating on (Y/N)?" I begin, not taking my eyes off of (Y/N).
"Yeah?" Michael asks
"Well I think today is that day" I continue, "Maybes I should tell her that"
"No. 100% you can't do that" Michael objects
"Why?" I question
"Look at her, man. Look at how happy she is. You don't want to ruin that, do you?"
I sigh, shaking my head, "No"
"Exactly" Michael goes on, "This is probably her first relationship after you, she's probably only just learning to trust again. Telling her would just make her hate you even more"
"I get it, Michael" I snap, "I've fucked up and I can't do anything about it. Now just back off and leave me alone"
I stand up and walk off, walking directly passed (Y/N)'s table. I kinda want her to recognise me, but at the same time, I'd rather she didn't.
"Calum?" A soft voice calls as I pass
I turn around to find (Y/N) staring up at me. I open my mouth to say something, but close it almost immediately. Instead, I just keep walking without saying anything to anyone. I have completely messed up. I am the biggest idiot I have ever come across.