You're Drunk

It's late at night and I'm reading again. Shouldn't be no later then ten. My phone starts to ring and I roll my eyes, I know that your one of those guys. I'm only good for a kiss and diss, no emotions just a hit or miss. But lately I've been getting attached but you seem to have me out matched. You know how to play your boy games, so I'm the one left out in the rain.

And when you look at me I feel it but you only seem to kill it. And when you talk to me I love it, but you always try to crush it.

Why is it that you only call me when you're drunk?

I listen to you ramble the whole night through, talking about what she did to you. I usually don't try to but in, but I need you to listen. I really like you and I've felt this way, for so long now baby what do you say? Silence falls over the phone, I've never felt more alone.

And when you look at me I feel it but you only seem to kill it. And when you talk to me I love it, but you always try to crush it.

Why is it that you only call me when you're drunk?

I'm waiting for your response, you need to think it over, you'll call me when your sober. And I'll go and drown myself in the one thing that you'll always love. Something that I thought I was above. But now it seems....

I only call you when I'm drunk.

---------

This use to be relevant, but now I just drink with him. Now we both try to forget the heartache.

-m