A Night To Remember

Viola Redd drew a deep, long awaited, breath before stepping out onto the scarlet red carpet. Temporarily blinded by the constant flashing of cameras attempting to catch the perfect shot, the young actress composed herself with a graceful ease. Security jostled her away from the paparazzi. She found herself standing tall again.

Her long, black gown dragged almost three feet behind her. Her corset slowly crushed her ribs giving her the perfect nineteen inch waist. The black gown fit perfectly, flowing like a beautiful symphony. Her long blonde hair was pinned neatly in the back of her head. And, a gorgeous 34 carat diamond necklace draped over her chest plate.

Although the corset made it difficult to breathe, Viola was light headed for another reason. This sixteen-year-old girl was nominated for an Oscar. She gently wiped her sweaty palms on her form-fitting dress and pulled her red lips back to reveal pearl white teeth.

As she gracefully flowed down the red carpet, she noticed adoring fans surrounding her and fighting for her attention. It was overwhelming. Never before had she been the center of attention nor had she been the star in everyone's eyes. She loved her new found power and intended to use it to her advantage.

When Viola reached the reporters of E! News, she braced herself for a barrage of questions.

"So, Viola," Julianna pulled Viola into camera view and put an arm around her. "What will you do if you don't win your Oscar? Will you kill Merrill Streep and take the award for yourself?" The reporter laughed at her own churlish joke and waited for Viola's response.

"No, Miss Streep is a wonderful actress and if she wins, she deserves it."

Julianna almost frowned at the young actress's response but quickly changed the subject to who she was wearing and her plans after the awards.

Finally, the interviews were over and the legendary actors took their seats in the theater. Voila couldn't help thinking back to her childhood where she would sit in front of a TV screen and dream of begin beside the famous film stars. She was shocked to be seated between Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Lawrence, two of her favorite actors. But, being the shy girl that she really is, Viola couldn't work up the nerve to speak to either of them.

Then, the lights dimmed and the theater fell silent. Out of the corner of the curtains, the host, Reese Witherspoon, came walking out in a beautiful blue gown. She warmed up the crowd with a few jokes and playful banter with some of the stars. But Viola barely listened. She was preoccupied with her thoughts on winning or losing. She finally came to the conclusion that no matter, win or lose, she was honored to have been nominated.

For Viola, the awards seemed to go on forever. She couldn't stand it! She had to know who won Best Actress. She looked back on her performance in A Strange Affair. Young Viola played River Barcini, a young girl whose family was in the business of killing people for money. River's father asked her to make William Cole, the richest man in America, fall in love with her. She was duty bound to follow her family's wishes. But when River develops feeling for the handsome Mr. Cole, she had to choose between her family and the love of her life.

When Viola came out of her flashback on her outstanding performance, she finally started to calm down and prepared herself for the results.

Then, the moment of truth finally came; the nominations for Best Actress. Reese came out in a different outfit and called out the names for the nominees.

"And here are the nominees for Best Actress. Anne Hathaway, Naomi Watts, Amy Adams, Kira Knightly, Mariana Vassallo, Merrill Streep and Viola Redd."

Viola's heart dropped into her stomach, as if she were on a rollercoaster. She closed her eyes, clenched her hands and bit her lip. She was ready. No matter what happens, she was honored to have been chosen.

"And the Oscar goes to," Reese opened the golden envelope and smiled when she saw the results, "Viola Redd, A Strange Affair,"

-----

Wrote this in September of 2013. Ew. Lol. I was a baby writer. I had no idea what I was doing but it's okay because I had an awesome English teacher who retired that year.

#mrsfloodwastheshit
#imissyouflood
#isawyouinriteaidonetime
#youreamazing

Sorry for all the hashtags, I just really loved Mrs. Flood

Love you darlings

-m