Superheroes

In which Marcus comes and picks up Kara off the street after shes been out drinking and doing drugs with her so called "friends". She abandoned her abusive mother and is going to see her in the hospital. Her mother is having liver failure. Marcus has a surprise when Kara gets back.

-

Marcus: Kara I'm going to take you home and you're not going back there, okay?

(Kara knit her eyebrows together and shouted from the backseat.)

Kara: Don't you fucking tell me what to do Marcus! You don't...they are my bestest friends and we-

Marcus: Your friends? Really? Your friends. Well, your friends are giving you drugs and alcohol and they are making you do some really bad things, Kara. I would not call them your friends. Friends look out for each other and they care about each other. I'm keeping you away from people who don't think twice about you on a daily basis. I care! I care, Kara! Whether you like it or not, I'm going to be there for you and I'm going to take care of you because I'm your friend and I love-I-I love you Kara.

(Kara fell silent in the backseat. But she was still in her drunken stage so she couldn't care about what he was saying.)

Kara: I hate you, Marcus.

(Then Kara started giggling and humming to herself. Marcus rolled his eyes at her.)

Marcus: Yeah I know. But you'll love me tomorrow.

(Kara kept laughing. Then Marcus stopped and parked the car. He opened his door, walked around to the other side and carried Kara out of the backseat.)

Kara: I can walk!

(She tried to squirm out of his grasp but he held on. He unlocked the door with his key and carried her up to his apartment. He opened the door and laid her on the couch.)

Marcus: I'm going to give you some NiteQuill and you'll-

(Just then, Kara threw up on herself. She looked down at her clothes and started to cry like child who dropped their ice cream in the street.)

Marcus: I can fix this.

(Marcus went to the bathroom and turned on the shower. He laid out some towels and got the soap ready. When he came back, Kara was still crying and covered in her own vomit.)

Marcus: Come on. Let's get you cleaned up.

(He walked over and led her to the bathroom. He pulled off her shirt and pants but kept her in her bra and underwear. He helped her into the shower and she laid down on the floor; letting the water hit her face. Marcus took the soap and cleaned the vomit off her arms and used shampoo to cleanse her hair. When the shower was over, he helped Kara up and wrapped her in a warm towel.)

(Marcus sat Kara down on his bed and pulled out a pair of underwear and a shirt from Kara's bag that she got from Jackie's, her mother's house. He pulled the wet underwear, from under the towel, and threw it in the tub. He slid the new ones up her legs; trying not to touch her. Than he put the t-shirt over Kara's head and placed it on her.)