The day

I wasn't late for school today. I managed to wake up an hour earlier and get ready on time. Once I got to school Kimberly kept talking about the concert.

"I made us this poster, I made a special one for you, it says 'treys wifey forever'," She smiled.

"Oh my gosh I still can't believe you got Trey Songz tickets," I said.

"Well believe it and tonight is your night so don't let your weird family ruin it," She smiled.

"Wait what am I going to wear?" I asked frantically.

"Calm down I got you," She said.

"What about Lindsay?" I asked.

"I got her, calm down ima take care of everything just be downstairs In front of your house at 7 o'clock, tell your mom I'm having a sleep over or some shit I know she's dying for you to be out of her house," She laughed.

I laughed too because it was true. Tonight was my night. No one was going to ruin it. Once I got home everyone was annoying me. I stayed in my room until six thirty. At six thirty I knocked on my mom's room door.

"Mom," I said as I knocked on her room door.

"WHAT?!" She hollered. "Can I sleep over at Kimberly's house?" I crossed my fingers and hoped she would say yes.

"YEAH WHATEVER!" She yelled. I acted calm but on the inside I was bursting with joy. I kept on my clothes from school because I didn't have anything nice to wear except for my easter sunday dress momma brought me 3 years ago and I was not wearing that to my husbands concert.

At Seven twenty a car pulled up in front of my house.

"Bye mom love you," I mumbled as I rushed downstairs. I saw Kimberly and Lindsay in the backseat of a car. I opened the back door and greeted them with hugs. I looked at Kimberly and Lindsay they were wearing short black dresses and red heels, their faces were made up and their hair was in matching high buns. Then I looked at the person driving the car and it was Lindsay's older sister. I Liked her she was nice.

"Hey," I waved to her. She smiled then waved back.

"Sorry were late, here put this on," Kimberly tossed a short back dress to me along with some red heels.

"I'm not putting this on," I said. " Put it on we only got fifteen minutes and I still have to do your makeup," Kimberly said as she applied lip gloss to her lips.

I did as I was told. It was hard to move around in the cramped car but I managed to do it. Kimberly did my makeup but it looked natural. My hair was naturally straight so there wasn't much she could do to it. Once we got to the arena there was at least a million people walking around. We couldn't even find a parking spot. After driving around for at least fourty five minutes we found a parking spot eleven blocks away. It took us thirty minutes to walk back to the arena. We stood on line for at least an hour. Once we got in I was exhausted.

"Here's your sign," Kimberly handed me the cardboard sign she made for me decorated in glitter and colored markers. The show didn't start until 2 hours later.