Chapter 35

Far, far away from the rest of the group, Fawn and Bear were finally at where the AIH base was supposed to be. The only problem was, there was nothing there.
"No. This can't be right. This is exactly where I am supposed to be. It has to be here." Fawn said to Bear. Bear barked in reply. "This doesn't make sense."
"Hello?!" Fawn yelled. "Anyone here?" She said. All of a sudden Fawn heard running coming from behind her. She quickly turned around and the last thing she could remember hearing was:
"I'm sorry Fawn. This will make sense soon." And then she fell into a deep, deep sleep.
She woke up with pitch black surrounding her. She was sitting in a chair. She guessed she was sitting in a small room but nothing was very clear.
"What the-" She began to say.
"Cara, she has come to."
"Ah- Yes." Voices. Sounding so familiar, who were they? They seemed to be coming from outside the room. All of a sudden a door opened, and a light flickered on. A tall, young woman, looking to be around 25, walked into the room and looked at Fawn.
"Such a pleasure, Miss Fawn." She said warmly. "I am Cara Wood, founder and leader of the Animals In Hiding Society." She extended her arm to shake Fawn's hand. Fawn shook her hand. Fawn had no words. Has she found the right place?
"I'm apologize greatly for how you had to be brought in. This base is a home and safe land for many like you, and even though I trust you, this is how everyone is brought in and taken out. You were put under anesthesia, to fall asleep." Fawn couldn't help the feeling of trusting Cara. She kept trying to piece together a sentence, or something to say, but every time she tried nothing came out. This was all too confusing.
"Uh-um. So uh- are you a-a panda person too?" Was all she could sputter out.
"Yes. We all are." Cara said. Fawn didn't understand why she said we until she realized that there were many, many more behind Cara. This wasn't a small room, no, this was a huge gym. Hundreds upon hundreds of panda people, big and small, filled the huge room. Fawn was on a platform, no, a stage, and her and Cara where the only two on it.
"Oh gosh.." Fawn whispered under her breath. She was shocked.
"These..." Cara started. "Are our people. Do you know see why it was important for you not to know where the base exactly is." Fawn nodded her head in agreement.
"I understand why you may be shocked." Cara said warmly. "And that's ok."
"Ok, everyone. This is Fawn Pandason. You may recognize her as the daughter of Linda and Carl Pandason. She has decided to live with us." Cara explained.
"Well actually I'm part of a grou-" Fawn began to say but was quickly cut off.
"Once again, such a pleasure, my dear." Cara cut off. Fawn thought that this was weird.
"Anyways, I just wanted to introduce her. Thank you, everyone. You may leave." Cara said. And everyone did just that. Soon enough, Fawn and Cara where the only 2 people in the huge auditorium.
"I didn't know there were that many- um people." Fawn said.
"That's fine, my dear. It can often be quite shocking when new people come in. It's perfectly normal." Cara answered.
"Just a question. How do you know my parents?" Fawn asked. Cara was intrigued by this.
"Well, we used to be good friends. Your parents aren't who you think they are."
"What do you mean?"
"Well..." Cara sighed. "This may take a while. Are you sure you want to listen?"
"Positive."
"Okay then. Your parents didn't grow up 'poor' as you may think. Your grandfather was the very first panda person ever created. Your grandmother was the second. When they realized that the military was plotting to kill them, they told the rest of the panda people. They plotted an escape, which was successful. Then your grandfather and the rest of the first panda people went into hiding. When your parents were born, they were the second generation of panda people ever created. When they got older, and started dating, they both agreed that they wanted to have kids. But your mother was concerned that the place she lived in now was not a safe place to raise a child, or even more so, panda person. So she looked in search of the most secluded far away place, far away from the buzz about of the city, and found ForestVille. She knew it was poor, but she wanted you and your siblings to be safe. Also, your father is my brother." Cara explained.
"WHAT?!" Fawn said loudly somewhat shocked. "We're.. Related?"
"Yes. You are my niece." Cara said.
"Oh my gosh..." Fawn gasped.
"I know this may be quite shocking, and I apologize greatly, but it was only fair to tell you." Cara said. Then a look of sadness went over her face as she stared into Fawns deep brown eyes. "And it's also only fair to tell you this..." She began. "Your older brother is dead."
"W-what?" Fawn said, upset. "He can't be dead. He escaped the military base with the rest of us. I swear. No, this can't be right." Fawn said sadly. She started pacing the stage, muttering an 'I swear' every once in a while.
"I'm sorry." Cara said. She walked up to Fawn.
"He did escape from the military, yes, but a week later they caught him again, and he was not so lucky." She said mourningly. Fawn had no words.
"This... This is ALL MY FAULT!" She gasped. "I- I told him he couldn't stay with our group. I should have let him stay, I, I should have." Fawn breathed heavily.
"Fawn, calm down." Cara said.
"MY OWN BROTHER IS DEAD BECAUSE OF ME AND YOUR TELLING ME TO CALM DOWN?" Fawn snapped. "Sorry..." She muttered shortly afterwords.
"It's okay. I'm sorry your just getting to know all of this now." Cara apologized.
"I didn't even know I had an aunt!" Fawn exclaimed.
"Well, I better show you to your room. You will be sharing an apartment with-" Cara said then stopped. "Oh I almost forgot... LOGAN!!!!" Cara yelled.
All of a sudden a tall boy with brown hair and green eyes walked into the room.
"Yes, ma'am?" He asked. He had a slight country accent.
"This is Fawn. She will be sharing the apartment with you. Fawn this is Logan. You two are around the same age." Cara explained.
"Hi." Fawn said quietly. She immediately thought of Kyle and felt really bad.
"Logan doesn't have any parents either, so he used to rent his apartment by himself. Now he will be sharing it with you. Of course, you will each have your own rooms and stuff like that." Cara said. "Logan will bring you to your room. Right Logan?"
"Yes Ma'am." Logan said quickly before ushering Fawn out the door.
"So, how'd you get here anyways?" He asked while walking.
"My parents died awhile ago, the military killed them. I have a sister, but she's back with the group I'm part of. I got a note telling me to come here, so I did." Fawn said missing the group.
"You were part of a group?" Logan asked.
"Yep." Fawn said. "A group of 11, counting the animals." Fawn said, giving Bear a faithful pat on the head.
"Oh, cool. Wait, you have a dog?" Logan exclaimed.
"Yep! This is Bear, I rescued him not too long ago. Best dog you could ever ask for. He comes with me everywhere. The rest of my group wanted to come too, but I said no."
"Oh..." Logan said thinking. "Well, here we are!" He said pointing to the small house in front of him. "This is it."
"Oh, thanks." Fawn exclaimed. Logan opened the door.
"Ladies first." He said. So Fawn did.
"Wait a minute... Are dogs allowed?" Fawn asked.
"I think so." Logan said. "Just don't let him on my side of the apartment, I don't like dogs." He said looking at Bear with disapproval.
"Fine than." Fawn said slightly offended as she grabbed Bear's collar and led him into her room and closed the door.
"Well he was rude, wasn't he?" Fawn said in her 'I'm talking to a sweet precious little angel' voice. Bear grunted in agreement.
"Well, it's getting pretty late. I guess it did take a while to get here. Here, you can come sleep with me." Fawn said patting the bed as Bear jumped up.
"But don't let the dog on MY side of the apartment cause I don't liiike dogs." Fawn said mocking Logan in an annoying voice. "Hm." She added shortly after.
"I CAN HEAR YOU, YOU KNOW!" Logan yelled from the other side of the apartment.
"WHATEVER!" Fawn yelled in reply as she came to the conclusion that she didn't like Logan that much.
The next morning, Fawn was woken up by a really ticked off country accent.
"GET UP ALREADY! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE UP 30 FREAKING MINUTES AGO!" Yelled Logan.
"What are you gonna do, KILL ME?" Fawn said sarcastically.
"I WANT TO, BUT SADLY THATS ILLEGAL!" Logan said. "Seriously, get out here!"
"Fine." Fawn said flatly. She got ready and left the room with Bear, who she purposely let off leash to tick Logan off.
"What did I say about that... THING?" Logan said angrily.
"Maybe you can't already tell but I don't really care what you say."
"Oh lord..." Logan said. "Sadly, Mrs. Wood told me to inform you about the attack were planning on a military base. And I... I have to..." Logan stuttered as if it pained him to get the words out. "Train you." He said out of breath.
"Train me? Your the same age as me, 12?" Fawn asked.
"Actually, 14."
"Big deal." Fawn said.
"Wow, I guess I've got a feisty one on my hands today." Logan said angrily.
"Oh shut up." Fawn said. "About the attack, I really should go back to tell my group. They might get worried if I'm gone too long." Fawn said, thinking of the group.
"You'll have to ask Cara about that one, kid, because I'm really not sure if your allowed." Logan said. "But anyways, let's go. We have a lot of work to do." He said before ushering Fawn out the door to what seemed like a... Targeting practice place.
"I know how to shoot a gun, you doorknob." Fawn said offended.
"Oh. Seriously?" Logan asked.
"Uh.. Yeah." Fawn said.
"Oh. Well you just don't look like the type to me, but whatever." Logan replied.
"What do you mean?" Fawn asked seriously offended.
"Well..." Logan said. "Your a... Girl."
"That's offensive." Fawn said. "When did you learn how to shoot a gun?"
"When I was 10." Logan said proudly, his chest raised.
"I learned when I was 6, because I had to know how to defend myself." Fawn said, thinking back to the day she learned about how to use a gun.
"Well than, I guess you already know how to shoot a gun. Show me how good of an aim you've got." Logan demanded. So Fawn shot the gun, and it hit the target right in the bullseye.
"Wow. You'd be a good hunter." Logan said. He was immediately shot a glare.
"A hunter? Seriously? Do I look like a hunter to you?" Fawn asked angrily.
"Well you didn't look like you were good with guns but I was wrong. So maybe your a good hunter." Logan argued, trying to bug Fawn.
"Do you know how offensive that is. I don't believe in hunting. It's only called a sport if the other team is allowed to have a gun too." Fawn said.
"Whatever then. Seeing that you know how to use a gun, I don't need to teach you. So know your going to practice shooting all day." Logan said with a smirk on his face.
"What?! All day?" Fawn complained.
"Yep."
"But-but you saw me shoot that target, I know how to shoot a gun! This isn't fair!" Fawn cried.
"Life isn't fair. I guess there is a good side to being in charge of you all day, I can make you do this, all... Day... Long." Logan said before taking a step to the side and walking away. Before he left he added a:
"Have fun!"
Later that day, Fawn snuck off and asked Cara if she was allowed to leave for her group the next day. She said yes. All of a sudden Fawn heard footsteps coming towards her, she looked quickly and realized that it was Logan.
"Gotta run! And by the way, I was never here!" Fawn giggled as she ran off back to the target practice area. She just shot the target when Logan walked up.
"Where the heck where you?" Logan asked.
"I was here, simply being a good person, doing what you said." Fawn said with a smirk on her face.
"Oh yeah?" Logan asked.
"Yeahhhhh...." Fawn said slowly.
"Okay then..." Logan said pretending to be convinced.  After a few more hours, Logan let Fawn off the hook for the rest of the day.  The next morning she packed up and left with Bear to tell the group she was fighting against the military.