Chapter 33

The journey back to the cabin was not an easy one. Fawns side was quite sore and it was hard to walk. Everyone had offered to help her but she insisted on going herself. When the group finally got back, Fawn could do nothing but lay in her and Scarlett's bedroom, in bed. Once everyone had left the room, Fawn found a note taped to her window in which no one had noticed. It read;
Dear Fawn and Scarlett Pandason,
We are glad to hear that you are still alive. You are in great danger, hanging around with those humans. Humans will do you no good. One minute they are your friend and the next trying to kill you. It is our duty to inform you that there are many more of your kind. Many, many more. We have gathered them all and formed a group, called Animals  in Hiding, or AIH, as we call it. You and your sister will be safe here. We have weapons and food. It would do you some good to meet your own kind. Our base is in a safe and secure area, far away from civilization. Secured to this note is a map to get here. Tell no one, not even your friends. You guys will be safe. Trust us.
Yours truly,
Cara Wood, founder of the Animals in Hiding Society.
(End of note)
Fawn looked at the note carefully. She then grabbed the attached piece of paper which was said to be the map. This whole thing sounded sketchy to her, but she couldn't help but want to see others of her kind. She decided not to tell the group yet, because she already had too much on her mind. The rest of the group was outside, either looking for food or just talking. Fawn was about to read, when someone came in. It was Kyle.
"Hey. How are you doing?" He asked.
"I'm ok. My side hurts a little but I should get used to that I guess. Thanks for helping me!" Fawn said. All of a sudden she looked distressed.
"Where's Bear? Is he ok? I never had a chance to see if the military hurt him or not.." She said nervously.
"He's ok. He has a couple of scratches and bruises but-" Kyle started.
"THOSE JERKS!" Fawn yelled in anger. "How could they do that to an innocent creature? A dog, they decided to pick on a dog, wow." She finished.
"I don't know. But I think there pretty messed in the head to come after you. What did you even do to them?" Kyle asked. Fawn shrugged.
"I don't know. I think that they kind of just wanted to erase the past and forget that panda people were ever created." Fawn said sadly, looking at the ground. All of a sudden Kyle had a look of pure anger on his face.
"THOSE IDIOTS! How could they even think of killing someone just because they aren't completely um-" Kyle said, unsure of what to say next. He didn't want to offend Fawn.
"It's ok. You can say it, I don't mind." Fawn said.
"Because they aren't completely human! I swear if I ever get my hands on whoever did that, I'll kill them..." Kyle said angrily. After that thought, he smiled at Fawn.
"I'm just glad your ok. I don't know what I'd do if you didn't wake up, or didn't survive the shot. I would never forgive myself." Kyle said.
"Aww thanks Kyle!" Fawn said now smiling too.
"No problem. I'll come in and check on you later, ok?"
"Ok." Fawn said. The rest of the day was a quiet one. The group didn't do much and Fawn stayed quiet about the note. That was until the next morning, of course, when Fawn decided that it was only fair that Scarlett knew as well as the note was addressed to her too. Fawn called Scarlett inside and told her about the note.
"Oh my gosh..." Scarlett gasped. "There's more of US?!"
"Apparently. But I'm not sure if this is just another scam to get you and I killed. It sounds pretty convincing but I wouldn't want to risk you getting hurt..." Fawn explained.
"True." Scarlett said. "But if I'm not going, your definitely not going by yourself. It would be dangerous, and even if it wasn't, God knows that Kyle wouldn't let you go on your own." She said.
"Yeah... But don't you think that it would be SO cool?! Seeing OTHER panda people? We wouldn't seem so different anymore..." Fawn said. In her mind she was picturing a world full of panda people, where none of them had to worry about getting hurt ever. The only humans would be her friends from the village, and the rest of the group.
"It would be really cool!!! Maybe they have CANDY!!! LOTS OF IT!" Scarlett exclaimed. In her mind she was picturing a world made out of candy.
"So I think I'm going to tell the group tonight at the campfire about the note, and ask them what they think. I'll tell them that I'm going to go-" Fawn started.
"And then your going to listen to Kyle saying that you're actually NOT going." Scarlett teased.
"I'm going. I have to. As I was saying, I'll tell them when I'll be back, so they don't have to worry. And then I'll go." Fawn finished.
"Good luck with THAT one!" Scarlett said sarcastically before rushing out of the room to play with Mika. That night, Fawn showed the group the note. After they had all seen it, they just stared at her in shock.
"Oh that is OFFENSIVE! We're not that bad, we're FABULOUS!" Tyler yelled.
"If they were watching you, they'd know we're not going to do anything wrong!" Nani exclaimed.
"So what are you going to do about it?" Caden asked Fawn.
"Uhh... I was considering going with Scarlett. Just for a week or so to see what it's like." Fawn answered.
"UNBELIVEABLE!" Kyle yelled.
"What is it?" Fawn asked.
"You know you can barely trust a SOUL out there, not even your own brother, but you're still going to go?!" He cried.
"Just for a little bit. I'm sure I'll be fine." She replied not really answering his question.
"Honestly, I have a bad feeling about this to..." Allena said nervously.
"Why?" Scarlett asked.
"We all remember what happened to Kyle when he tried to find his dad. And nobody was even after him. If we didn't go looking for him, he could've... Died... And you literally got shot two days ago. By the military! I'm just scared that this is the same thing." She explained.
"How far is it?" Mika asked. 
"Pretty far..." Fawn replied. 
"I don't know about this Fawn..." Venus said nervously. 
"Same.  Allena did have a point, this could turn out to be exactly what happened to Kyle." Caden added. 
"Do you agree with everything she says?!" Tyler asked him sarcastically.
"Oh shut up!" Caden cried. 
"Why can't we go?!" Scarlett asked disappointed. 
"I think we can all agree that it's just a little to risky." Kyle told her. 
"NO!" She protested. 
"Come on guys... Can we go? I promise nothing bad will happen.  I swear even.  Just for a week." Fawn asked.  The group thought about it for a few seconds. 
"Well... Would you guys come back? Or would you stay there for the rest of the apocalypse?" Allena asked not wanting them to leave the group. 
"We'd probably come back.  How could I leave you guys?" Fawn replied shyly.
"Awwww that's sweet!" Nani exclaimed.
"So anyways... Yeah. I think we'll leave tomorrow morning. Well come back in around a week to update, and we might go back if it's not that bad. But we will come back." Fawn explained.
"Fawn. What did I say? Your not going. You can't go! Not without me! What if something happens! What if- what if.." Kyle protested.
"Kyle... Is this about you being worried about me being hurt or you being worried about me meeting someone else..." Fawn muttered.
"What was that?" Kyle asked.
"Oh nothing..." Fawn lied, smirking. Everyone who heard laughed.
"No, really! What did you say?!" Kyle asked.
"You don't wanna know!" Venus giggled.
"Wha- oh my god." Kyle sighed. "Allena, I know you'll tell me!" He exclaimed. 
"Just let it go Kyle. I'll tell you later." She said still laughing.
"So yeah. We will leave tomorrow morning. I'm bringing Bear for protection and I have decided that Scarlett isn't gonna come with us. It's just not safe." Fawn said.
"Aww... But what if something happens to you?" Scarlett said worriedly.
"Better me than you." Fawn replied.
"I still don't feel good about this Fawn... You just shouldn't go on your own! You could get hurt! Or- or worse!!!" Kyle stuttered. He was obviously quite worried.
"I have to.. I'm gonna pack now. Im gonna leave pretty early in the morning so I might not be able to say goodbye to all of you. I'll wake up Scarlett and Kyle, but I don't wanna disturb the rest of you." Fawn said.
"Oh fine..." Kyle said. "But I swear, if the military lay one finger on you... Oh I swear..." Kyle muttered angrily thinking about the military.
"Okay then. I'm gonna go pack and then go to sleep." Fawn sighed. When Fawn was done packing she went into the cabin into her and Scarlett's room. Scarlett was already asleep, when someone knocked on her door.
"Hey. It's Kyle! Open up." Kyle said. So Fawn did.
"Hi!" Fawn exclaimed happy to see Kyle.
"I had a question... If you don't mind." Kyle asked.
"Sure. Come at me!" Fawn exclaimed.
"I was wondering why you want to go to this place so bad. You know how dangerous it is. You know how risky it is. And I know you Fawn, I know that there is something more to this than just checking it out for fun. What is it?" Kyle asked.
"Honestly?" Fawn asked.
"Honestly." Kyle answered.
"Okay... Here goes. So first of all, your right about there being something else to it. And I'll tell you, as long as you don't tell anyone else, not even Allena. It's just I can't help the feeling of being different, you know, being panda people. Ever since I met the group I've always felt so... Different. And it's not your fault at all. It's not your fault I'm a panda person. It's not even my fault. I always just feel like such a freak, or like I don't fit in. It's just really gotten to me all of a sudden. And with a chance to finally feel like I'm normal, around other panda people, I just can't turn it down. I'm sorry." Fawn said, looking at the ground with shame.
"Awww Fawn... You don't need to be sorry! I know how it feels like to not fit in... But I guess it's harder on you. And you're not a freak! You're just the same as the rest of us! I still don't understand why the military wants to kill you and Scarlett. Those little..." He said kindly.
"Thanks!" Fawn exclaimed.
"You're welcome. And I promise I won't tell anyone, not even Allena." Kyle replied. Then they talked for a few minutes until Fawn got a little tired.
"I think I'm gonna go to sleep soon..." She said.
"Okay, I'll leave." Kyle said. But before he did, he quickly hugged Fawn.
"I'll miss you." He said.
"I'll miss you too." She replied. Just as Kyle was about to shut the door, he said one last thing.
"By the way, don't do anything stupid when you're there!" He added jokingly. Then he left.