Chapter 10

3 days had passed since the big fight at the hospital, and neither Fawn or Scarlett has returned.
"Allena, didn't you say that they would be back by now?" Mika asked. That evening. 
"I don't know why they aren't back yet, Mika," Allena answered.  "Trust me, I'll keep looking though, we all are."
Although these words were of some comfort to Mika, things were looking pretty bad for Fawn and Scarlett. Nobody really wanted to admit it, but at this point, it was believed the two of them were either bit by a zombie, or got lost in the woods and would probably not come back.  As stupid as it was of Kyle to tell the group and a whole bunch of strangers that Fawn and Scarlett are Panda People, Fawn should have come to her senses, realized it was too dangerous without more people, found it deep in her heart to forgive Kyle for what he did, and come back.  Except she hasn't come back. 
   Kyle was starting to feel really bad for what he did, and as much as he thought that the two of them were long gone, he felt as though he needed to find them.  He's been losing sleep, not focusing on what he's doing, and seemed downright glum sometimes. 
"Oh god, I can't sleep." Kyle muttered that night.
"Neither can I,"  Allena added.  "What's your reason for not sleeping?"
"Don't tell ANYONE this, but I'm starting to get really worried about Fawn and Scarlett. I think that they could be seriously hurt or something." He answered.
"I hate for it to come to this, but I have to believe you. I could have sworn they would be back, but I think they got..." Allena trailed off.
"I'm actually thinking of looking for them," He said. "I just don't want the group to question it. I was actually thinking of not even telling you, but I know I can trust you."
"If it makes you feel any better, I've been sneaking out into the woods, trying to find them." Allena confessed.
"But, it's different for you. You're the only one that Fawn actually wanted to trust, I saw it. But with me, we both ticked each other off so bad, that nobody would even think about me trying to find her." Kyle replied.
"If you want to look for them, I have a plan that just might work..."
"It's okay, I'll get over it."
But Kyle really didn't get over it. 2 hours later, he was still wide awake worrying about Fawn and Scarlett.
"You know what? that's it, I'm going out to look for them, I can't take the guilt any more." He muttered again. He looked over to see if Allena was asleep, because he didn't want anyone to know about him leaving. So he grabbed a few things that he might need and snuck out of the tent.
This time he took a different route then any one had. This one was really dark, and looked very creepy, especially at night.
"For their sake only I hope that Fawn did not take Scarlett this way!" He said.
He walked farther in, calling their names a few times. Close to 1 hour later, Kyle gave up.
"It's official, they're DEAD." He exlaimed.
The next morning, Allena was the first out of the two of them to wake up. She checked her watch to see what time it was. "Oh no, it's 8:00!" She exclaimed. "I should've woke up a half hour ago!!"
She looked over to see if Kyle had woken up either, but he was still sleeping.
"Kyle, wake up!" She whisper shouted, trying to wake him up. 
"Kyle?" Two minutes later there was still no reply from him, so Allena tried yelling.
"WAKE UP ALREADY!"
Then he finally woke up.
"Allena! What was that for?"  He cried.
"We should have been up a half hour ago! That's why! How come you slept in so late?"
"It's not like I left the tent or anything last night! Don't jump to any conclusions!" He replied quickly.  Allena put her hand on his forehead.
"Are you feeling alright? You're acting a little bit nuts." She asked.
"Yeah, I'm fine, I swear!" He said, trying to act casual. 
"Okay..... well." Allena muttered, not convinced that everything was fine. 
Eventually, Kyle calmed down and almost forgot he went out to find Fawn and Scarllet. Although he was still worried.
      The searches kept going for another two days. When the group gave up, even Kyle. 
"Why are we still doing this?" Venus asked. "We've been at it for almost a week!"
"I think I have to agree with Venus here, guys. Fawn would have been back by now if they weren't bit." Nani replied.
"So we're giving up?" Mika asked sadly.
"Yeah, sorry kid.  I know how much you liked Scarlett." Tyler answered disappointedly. 
"Wait, WHAT?" Allena exlaimed suddenly. Everyone looked at her. 
"I know this sounds stupid, but we have to keep trying! What if they aren't dead? what if they can't find their way back? what if there was a problem, like someone got injured? We need to keep looking!"
"Sorry, but I guess it's over." Tyler replied.