Chapter 25

The morning after that, everyone basically had all the supplies that they needed, so they had a free day, to do whatever they wanted. I know, sounds weird, doesn't it? Anyways, there was only one rule: Everyone had to be back by 6:00pm, to make sure that everyone was ok. Everyone split into groups and decided what they wanted to do that day. Allena, Kyle, and Caden decided to go to a pond nearby that Caden had seen before. Tyler, Nani, Mika, and Venus decided to wander around a bit before they found something cool. And Fawn and Scarlett, of course, decided to go exploring deeper into the woods. Fawn was walking with Scarlett when they heard a strange noise. Apparently it sounded like a dying cat.
"Hey Fawn, whats that noise?" Scarlett asked.
"I'm not sure, but it sounds like whatever it is must be very distressed." Fawn said.
"Oh. I wonder what the heck it is?" Scarlett asked.
"Me too Scar, wanna find out?" Fawn asked, ready for an adventure.
"YES!" Scarlett yelled.   So they went to see what it was.  When they got there, they saw a baby deer lying on the ground.
"It's a deer." Fawn said quietly and in shock.
"It's so CUTE!" Scarlett squealed.
"Shhhh Scarlett.  If you're loud, you might scare it!" Fawn told her.
"Oops! Sorry!" Scarlett said.  Then Fawn went over to the deer.
"It's so small!" She exclaimed still being careful about being quiet.  Then she started petting it and talking to it, like she was having a real conversation with it.
"Fawn? What are you doing?" Scarlett asked skeptically.
"I'm talking to it.  Remember? We can do that?" Fawn answered. 
Most of you didn't know, but because Fawn and Scarlett are Panda People, they are technically part animal.  That gives them the ability to talk to, and understand other animals of any species. 
"Oh right! What's it saying?" Scarlett asked. 
"She said that she was abandoned by her mom a few days ago.  She can't take care of herself and she could get really sick really soon." Fawn explained. 
"Well we can take care of her! Give her food until she can care for herself! It'll be fun! Please?" Scarlett exclaimed.
"That's a pretty good idea Scarlett! Let's bring her back and see what the group thinks later." Fawn answered.  So they went back to the cabin with the deer, and spent the rest of the day caring for it. 
When the rest of the group came back, they were pretty shocked. 
"What the..." Mika said. 
"Is that a DEER?!" Venus asked.
"Yep!" Scarlett answered.
"Where did you find it?" Caden asked.
"We were just walking around, when we heard some strange noises, so we went to see where they were coming from. Apparently they were coming from this little deer.  She got abandoned by her mom a few days ago." Fawn replied. 
"Awww poor thing!" Nani exclaimed. 
"It's so cute! Who would abandon such a small helpless thing???" Allena asked sadly. 
"I don't know.  But me and Scarlett were thinking we should all care for it until she can find food and everything herself." Fawn said.
"Yeah!" Tyler exclaimed. 
"We should!" Nani added. 
"Woah woah woah wait.  Do we even know how to care for a deer?" Kyle asked.
"Oh great another protest." Venus muttered under her breath. 
"What do you mean?" Fawn asked.
"I'm just saying! We don't know what it eats or anything! I don't know a single thing about them! Except for that people shoot them!" He said.
"Well don't say that!!!" Allena cried.
"It's true!" Kyle exclaimed. 
"Oh WHATEVER." Tyler added.
"It can't be that hard to take care of a deer!" Venus said. 
"What if it eats more then we think? There might not be enough for the rest of us!" Kyle replied.
"The most the thing can be is 8 months old!" Caden told him.
"It's helpless! It could die out there if we don't help it!" Allena added.
"We can't let it die!" Scarlett cried.
"And we won't." Fawn said.
"Come on. Can we keep the deer?" Mika asked Kyle.
"Okay.  You guys are right." He sighed.
"YES!!!" Scarlett and Mika exclaimed. 
"We should name it!" Fawn said. 
"How about... Skittles?" Scarlett suggested.
"Perhaps." Fawn replied.
"Oh! I've got an idea! We could name her Morning , because me and Scarlett found her in the morning. Do you like that name?" Fawn asked the deer. Then she and the fawn had a 5 minute conversation in front of the whole group. The rest of the group stared at her like she was nuts, like, REALLY nuts.
"F-Fawn?" Tyler stuttered with his mouth wide open.
"I don't mean to be rude, but is she crazy?" Caden asked Allena.
"I.. I don't know. I mean no. No she is not. But what is she doing?" Allena said confusedly.
"Um..." Venus said not sure what to say.
"Just walk away slowly.." Nani said as she began to back away.
"What?" Fawn said confused.
"Well, you.. You were talking to a deer." Allena said flatly.
"Yeeeeees." Fawn answered.
"Yeah..." Allena muttered not wanting to hurt Fawns feelings.
"Wait a minute, did I never tell you guys? Oh! Ok. I get it know." Fawn said happily.
"What?" Kyle asked.
"Well, you see, with me and Scarlett being, you know, panda people, we are kind of part animal. So we can talk to animals, all animals. I can't believe I never told you guys." Fawn explained.
"Wait your panda people?" Caden asked.
"Didn't we go over this already?" Kyle asked Caden.
"I don't know, maybe... Oh, right!" Caden exclaimed.
"So, let's get this straight, you could talk to Gretzky?" Tyler asked.
"Yes." Fawn replied.
"WOW! COOL!!!" Tyler yelled.
"So we're keeping her, for sure. She won't be able to defend herself in the wild all alone. I'm starting to think that her mother was you know- shot. So she would be all alone if it weren't for us. Isn't that right Morning?" Fawn asked. Morning nodded her head as if to say yes.