Chapter 9

Along the way, the kids didn't find Fawn nor Scarlett. They were expecting they just went back to the camp.
"They aren't here either?" Venus asked concerned.
"Knowing how dramatic Fawn is, my bet is that she ran away." Kyle answered.
Every one started looking everywhere. At the fire pit, in Fawns tent, Allena and Nani even scanned the far out perimeter of the camp, but no sign of either of them.
"Do you think we accidentally left them at the hospital?" Mika asked Nani nervously.
"I doubt it, but it is possible." Replied Nani.
"Hey guys!" Venus called.
"I found a note!"
She picked it up and started reading.

Dear friends,
I'm sorry it had to be this way.. It was really nice meeting all of you. Thanks for being my friends. It's just not safe for us here anymore. But don't worry, we will be fine. I should have known better than to trust humans.. And to risk Scarlett. She also wanted to tell you something:
Dear frends,
I am sory I had to leeve yoo gies wer awsome and don't eat ma candy while I'm gone or I will kill u thank u.
From:Fawn and Scarlett.

"You weren't wrong when you said Fawn was dramatic, Kyle."
Venus smirked at the end.
"Well, she does think I killed her parents." Kyle added.
"Guys, I think this is actually really serious..." Allena said nervously.
"Yeah, we have to go and find them!" Mika cried. "How will they live? And I miss Scarlett." Mika and Scarlett were only 3 years apart, so they've became bey close friends.
"Why bother? It's obvious that Fawn hates me, and probably the rest of us now. She won't come back no
matter what we do." Kyle said glumly.
"Well we should at least try, Kyle!" Nani added. "Mika is right, they could die out there."
"I say that we should split up," Tyler started.   "A few of us should go to the hospital to see if Fawn and Scarllet went back, and the rest of the group will go out there, in case they REALLY ran away."
"Sounds like a plan! Why don't I, Mika and Nani go back, and Tyler, you Kyle and Allena go and look for them out here. And do not get yourselves lost, or killed." Venus said.
After everyone agreed, Venus, Nani and Mika left for the hospital, and the others went into the woods.
Tyler, Kyle and Allena were getting s lot further away from  the camp, with still no sign of Fawn and Scarlett. So eventually the boys gave up and started messing around like they had been at the hospital. That is until Allena came to a complete stop.
"Allena, are you okay?" Kyle asked.
"Yeah, I am. I just thought I heard something.... It sounded like a cat meowing." Allena replied.
"How could you have heard that? There are NO cats in the apocalypse!" Tyler exclaimed.
Allena shrugged, and kept walking. Not long after, Kyle tripped over something.
"OW!" He cried. "What was that? It was Orange and fluffy
and-"
"GREEEEZTKYYYY!" Tyler yelled at the top of his lungs, probably scaring a few birds out of the trees.
"Who?!" Kyle and Allena asked at the same time.
"Gretzky, my cat! He was the thing that Kyle tripped over! Come here Greztky, remember me?!" He added cheerfully, while staring to chase the cat. Kyle and Allena Just looked at each other and shook their heads, Allena making a coo-coo gesture in Tyler and the cat's direction.
Meanwhile at the hospital, things were a lot calmer.
"So what happened to you again Venus?" Nani asked.
"So 2 months ago, my family and I moved here from Texas to try and escape the walkers. Then they came back unfortunately. My parents were both killed, and my sister and I came here, where I thought it was safer. When we arrived at the here at the hospital, I told her I was going to look for some medical supplies, and would only be a few minutes. When I came back, I heard screaming. She was getting attacked by a zombie. I tried to save her, but I was already too late... She died. So I camped out here for a few days, and that's when I met you guys." She explained.
"So, now your all alone?" Mika asked sadly.
"Pretty much kid." Venus replied.
"Well it's a good thing that your staying with us. Sooner or later it'll be more stable where we are." Nani added.
At about this time, the girls were right back to where they started for the third time.
"You know what? I think the boys and Allena will have a better shot at finding Fawn and Scarllet. I say we head back." Venus suggested.
Ten minutes after the girls came back, the others arrived from their unsucessful trip to find the 2.
"No luck?" Nani asked.
"None. None at all." Allena answered angrily.
"Tyler, why on earth do you have a cat?" Venus exlaimed.
"Venus, I'd like you to meet Grezkty, my cat."
"And you just brought him now?"
"Well you see here," He started.
"At the beginning of the apocalypse, I was almost alone. And I couldn't bear the thought of leaving Grestky to fend for himself, so I stuffed him in my bag. An hour later he decided that he hated it, and jumped out of the bag and ran off so fast that I could'nt keep up. Then while we were searching for Fawn, Kyle tripped over Greztky as stupid as it sounds, and I found him again!" He cheered lifting up his arms for emphasis.
"Oooooh.. That's Greztky?! He used to be so dang fat that I did'nt recognize him!" Nani said laughing.
"HEY! Don't offend my little kitty cat!" Tyler yelled covering the cat's ears. Mika came up to him and put her hand on his shoulder. "Tyler, don't baby talk the cat. It's just plain wrong."
"Anyway...." Venus said slowy. "Fawn isn't any where around here, what do we do?"
"I say that we just wait for a day or two." Allena said. "I know Fawn, her and Scarlett will come back."