Chapter 20

So for the next few days, things almost stayed the same as far as friendships went. The stability of the groups campground was starting to get a lot worse though. Ever since the apocalypse started their has been zombie attacks, but now they were happening a lot more frequently, lasting longer, and becoming a lot more dangerous. When one day, the group had enough.
Later that morning, everyone was doing the things that they normally would do. When they heard the noises.
"Seriously?" Tyler asked annoyed.
"This can't be good." Nani added. Then the noises got louder then normal.
"Uhhhh guys? This seems like a bigger attack then normal." Allena said nervously.
"Well that just gives us even more reasons to fight them. Come on!" Venus exclaimed.
So they all started to kill the Zombies. But five minutes later, all eight of them barely managed to kill a quarter of the amount of zombies that the started with, and they were starting to destroy the camp. So the kids ran behind a bush and tried to come up with a plan
"There's way to many of them!" Mika screamed.
"Fawn I'm scared!" Scarlett cried.
"It's okay. We can do this." Fawn told Scarlett reassuringly.
"Guys! There reallllly starting to wreck the place!" Tyler exclaimed.
"This has been happening way to often." Allena said.
"Agreed." Venus replied.
"Well we can't just stop! Who knows what will happen!" Kyle exclaimed.
"Maybe we should find another spot for our camp. Some place FAR from here." Nani suggested.
"Can we even do that right know?" Fawn asked.
"We barely made a dent in the amount of walkers that were here before, and we've been at it for almost 7 minutes! If we keep trying, one of us is going to get bit, or attacked." Nani replied quickly and a little nervously.
"And trust me, you DON'T want to get attacked." Mika added.
"You didn't even have to tell me that to believe it!" Allena said.
"So... What are we doing? And we better make up our minds quick, or they're gonna find us!" Kyle asked pointing at the walkers.
Everyone looked at each other and thought for a few seconds.
"I say we leave. They already destroyed half our camp." Tyler answered.
"Okay then. So if you had anything like a suitcase or a bag that you had since the beginning, I suggest that you grab that, then meet back here as fast as you can!" Kyle exclaimed. Then most of them ran back to their tents and grabbed what they had before. After they got everything together, they ran off to find another place that was less infested.
Apparently the group didn't know what kind of a place they were looking for, because after 10 minutes, they hadn't settled on anything.
"Do you think we're far enough yet?" Mika asked.
"I don't know. We can't tell for sure..." Kyle answered.
"Well how can we tell? it's just tree, after tree, after tree.... Oh! AFTER EVEN MORE TREES!!!! It's pointless looking for so long!" Tyler exclaimed.
"We'll find whatever we're looking for eventually." Fawn said.
"About that... I'm gonna have to get you guys to shut up for a second." Venus said. Nobody said a word for a few seconds. And then they heard it. The growling noises.
"What the?!" Scarlett exclaimed.
"How the heck did they find us all the way out here!?" Allena asked.
"Maybe there was more of them all near where we walked?" Nani suggested.
"Whatever it was, I don't feel like staying around for it!" Tyler said.
"RUN FOR IT!" Mika cried just as the zombies came into appearance. Nobody waited a second longer, they all ran as fast as they most possibly could. They kept running for about a minute, when they had to stop.
"Are they gone yet?" Scarlett asked.
"I think so..." Fawn answered.
"Wait!" Kyle exclaimed suddenly. Then he looked around for a few seconds. "Where's Venus?" He asked.
Everyone started looking around for a moment.
"She isn't anywhere around here!" Nani cried.
"What do you think happened?" Allena asked nervously.
"No clue." Kyle replied.
"I'm going back to look for her." Fawn said starting to run back to where they came.
"Well if you're going, so are we!" Nani said pointing at Allena.
"Yep!" Allena added. So the three of them left. They walked around, calling her name a few times, when they finally heard her.
"Guys, is that you?" She asked.
"Yeah!" Nani answered.
"I'm over here!" Venus said. So they started to follow her voice. When the girls found her, they saw Venus holding her ankle.
"What happened?" Fawn asked.
"We were running, and I looked backwards to see if anything was following us, and I tripped. I think I broke my ankle." She explained.
"Can you walk on it?" Allena asked.
"I don't think so." Venus replied.
"Do you need some help getting up?" Fawn asked.
"Probably."
So Fawn and Nani helped Venus up.
"Allena, why don't you run back and tell the others what happened." Nani said.
"I'm on it!" Allena answered running off.
When she got back, The last four were looking at her waiting for an answer.
"Where's Fawn and Nani?" Scarlett asked.
"There back with Venus." Allena replied.
"Why, what happened?" Tyler asked.
"Well... She thinks she broke her ankle."
"What? How did that happen?" Kyle asked quickly.
"She was looking behind her to see if any of the walkers had followed us, and she tripped." Allena explained.
"Ouch...." Tyler said.
"Can she walk on it?" Mika asked.
"I asked the same thing. And she said she doesn't think she can." She replied.
Then Fawn, Nani and Venus had came back.
"What are we going to do?" Scarlett asked.
"We're going to help Venus, and maybe somebody can run further and see if they can find a place for us to set up camp." Nani suggested.
"Who's gonna do that?" Mika asked. A few of them thought about it.
"I'll go." Allena said.
"I'm going with you then!" Kyle added.
"Okay, that's settled." Fawn said.
"So run!!!" Venus exclaimed. So Kyle and Allena sprinted to see if they could find a place.
After a couple minutes, they thought they saw something.
"Wait a minute!" Kyle exclaimed.
"What is it?" Allena asked.
"I think I saw something back there." He said pointing behind him. So they walked back a little.
"See?" He asked whenever they got there. Allena walked forward a few steps to get a better look.
"Okay I see it now!" She exclaimed. "Do you think it would work?" She asked.
"Probably." Kyle answered.
"What if somebody's already in there?" Allena asked.
"It looks pretty run down. You could be right, but I don't know."
"You're probably right. Let's go back and show the rest of the group!" So they left.
"Did you guys find anything?" Tyler asked when they got back.
"Yep!" Kyle exclaimed.
"Really?!" Venus asked.
"Really." Allena answered.
"What did you find?" Fawn asked.
"We think it's a cabin from what we saw." Kyle explained.
"We should go there!" Mika exclaimed.
"Yeah!" Scarlett added.