Chapter 14

The next day, Fawn took Scarlett out to help her pick some berries. A few minutes later they went farther in. Fawn was watching Scarlett contently, until she felt a small tap on her shoulder. She turned around to see a boy a few years older than her, that she did not recognize.
"H-hey. umm.. are you Fawn?" He asked.
"Yes I am." She replied.
"Well, hi, I'm Luke." The boy said.
"Well it's nice to meet you. Wait... How did you know my name?" Fawn asked nervously. 
"I really didn't except you to remember me..." Luke started.
"W-wait, what do you mean?" Fawn asked.
"I'm your brother," Luke stated.  It took a while for Fawn to let this sink in. 
"I don't know if you'll remember this but, when you were about 6, I took you outside to play one day. but after a while, these military men came and captured me. I told you to not worry about me and run and... I never saw you again until now." He explained.
Fawn stared at Luke in complete shock. She couldn't believe it.
"Oh my gosh, I DO remember you!" She exclaimed. "But how did you live?"
"I escaped a few weeks ago and I went back to our town to find you but you had already left and, I just never stopped looking I suppose." He answered.
Scarlett walked up behind Fawn and pointed at Luke.
"Do you know this guy?". She asked skeptically.
"Oh sorry! Uhhh.. Scarllet this is Luke. He's our brother. He got captured by the military before you were born and hadn't escaped."
"Oh, well in that case... AWSOME!" Scarlett cheered hugging Luke.
"And Luke, that's Scarlett. Mom and dad had another kid after you left and that's her!"
"She seems nice!" Luke replied.
"You know what, I'm going to ask my group if you can stay with us.". Fawn said.
"Yeah, sure, that would be great!" Luke said. Fawn ran back to ask the others if they were cool with Luke staying with them. First she walked up to Mika and Nani and asked. They were fine with it. Then Tyler showed up out of absolutely nowhere and said, "You have a BROTHER?! Sick! Of course he can stay!"
"Tyler, what the heck?" Nani asked laughing.
"Finally, another boy around here instead of just me and Kyle!" He added as he walked away.
"I'm sure Venus will say yes as well." Mika said.
"Okay! well, see ya!"
Then she proceeded to ask Kyle and Allena.
"Ummm... Sure!! I think that would be cool!" Allena said, after Fawn had explained the situation to her.  Kyle on the other hand was looking at Luke with a bit of skepticism.
"I dunno guys..." He said. Allena looked at him in a bit of shock.
"Kyle, REALLY?!" She whispered.
"And why is that?" Fawn asked.
"It's just, don't we already have enough people here? And, he just came from the military. They could have done something to him." He added.
"Well everyone else seems to think it's fine but you. So I'm going to tell Luke that it's fine for him to stay." Fawn replied. When she started walking away, Allena was right behind her.
"Look, I'm so sorry for what Kyle said about Luke. I have no idea where that came from, and I honestly think that your brother's probably a nice guy." She said shyly.
"It's okay. He's the only person that doesn't agree anyway. Although, could you maybe try to convince Kyle to agree? I just don't want another fight to burst out."
"I would but... I've never been able to convince him to believe anything, wether I'm right or wrong. Believe me, I've tried a million times before and just can't seem to get it right!" Allena replied.
"Well, could you at least try?" Fawn asked.
Allena thought about it for a few seconds and said, "Okay, I'll try. Just don't expect me to get anything out of him!"
"Okay, thanks." Fawn said. Almost as soon as she left, Allena walked back over to Kyle. Once she got back, she asked, "Hey, what was that back there?"
"I already told both of you, there's already enough people here." He answered.
"Yeah, sure but, it's only one more person! I'm pretty sure all of us could handle it! And think about Fawn and Scarlett. Like, there parents died when they were little and-"
"You know, I may as well just tell you the real reason." Kyle said cutting her off.
"There was another reason why you didn't like Luke?" Allena asked.
"Yea, I just didn't tell you before because Fawn was right there and I didn't want to offend her."
"So what were you thinking exactly?"
"Well, you know how he's from the military kinda? Well, I was being honest when I said they could have done something to him. Another reason to is that he came here with a suitcase! Doesn't that seem wierd to you?"
"Maybe a little." Allena replied.
"And finally, the main reason why I was looking at him for so long is because I could have sworn I saw he had an earpiece in. If I'm right, he could be getting information about Fawn and Scarlett from the military. I just don't think he's normal." He concluded.
"Well perhaps your right, but we can't just assume that. We don't even know
him! And besides, I am NOWHERE near normal, yet you still trust me more than anyone here!" Allena exclaimed. "That's not exactly what I meant Allena." Kyle replied and walked away. Once he was far enough, Allena said, "Dang it! I knew it! I just can't seem to pull it off! Not even ONCE!"