°•1•°

One of the biggest issues in my life has been safety. My dad is always worried about me being safe.

My whole life I was sure he was over exaggerating and just being my dad who worries, until the day after my fifteenth birthday when someone shot a bullet through our living room window barely missing my head just grazing my ear.

My dad finally sat me down and told me everything.

He told me that he had killed his best friend Dustin in self defense but he was the leader of a gang.

His cousin Randy was good friends with Dustin and when my dad killed him Randy swore to make him pay.

What a drama queen.

Anyway, fast forward and my dad was in love with my mom and then he got kidnapped yada yada yada, fast forward even more and my mom found him and she got pregnant with yours truly.

Randy attempted to attack my mom but she killed him protecting my dad.

I wish I could've know my mother but she died giving birth to me, she's the one who chose my name.

"Rain!" I heard my dad call me from downstairs.

I walk downstairs and see my best friend Jay watching football with my Aunt Jamie.

Aunt Jamie is my moms twin and seeing her makes my dad all emotional so usually she's only here when my dad isn't but she had dyed her hair green so I guess she doesn't remind him of her that much.

"Hey Jay" I wave slightly knowing that he wouldn't even acknowledge my presence.

"Sure" he mumbles and I roll my eyes at the back of his head.

I turn to go into the kitchen where my dad is "Sup pops?" I say and hop on to the kitchen counter.

My dad stares at me and blinks "You really need to act more like a lady Rain" I roll my eyes at my father as he always says this so it means almost nothing.

Just because I'm not a girly-girl doesn't mean that I'm not a lady.

"Your Uncle Seth and Sharon are coming over for dinner" He mumbles.

"Ugh" I groan.

My Uncle Seth never wanted my parents to date, he and my grandmother thought my dad was horrible.

In their defense he is a bit out there.

However when my mom got pregnant with me they flipped out and Uncle Seth was about to fight my dad, when my mom died giving birth to me they felt like my dad had killed her.

Pssh, that's their problem because my dad rocks.

"Why? McDonalds exists they can eat there, that way they aren't in my face" I groan out.

"I get it kiddo but there's nothing we can do, also Gwen is coming"

"What is this? Invite despised relative over for dinner day?" I throw my hands up in defeat.

Uncle Sethers put it in his daughter Gwen's mind that I'm some kind of mistake.

Me?

Oh yeah I'm the mistake compared to that slutty freak show.

"What is this life?!" I yell and stomp my way upstairs to my room.

Shortly after, Jay comes in without knocking as usual "Hey Rain" he says softly and I just ignore him.

"C'mon, you uncle Seth isn't all that bad I mean he's learning"

"My mom died sixteen years ago Jay and he's spent every minute of it blaming my dad and hating me" I snap.

"I get it but he's still family" Jay sits on my bed next to me.

"Whatever" I know he's right but I find it hard to admit that I'm related to that guy.

"Look I've got to go" He stands up and head from my room door.

"What you just told me was just a bunch of bullshit that my dad told you to say wasn't it?"

"Language" he smirks before leaving.

The jerk.

My phone buzzes notifying me of a text message from Jay.

Said Jerk: Spoiler alert: I just saw your uncle Seth outside.

Me: Kill me.

Said Jerk: No way! I'm too pretty for prison ;)

Me: idiot

I lock my phone and head downstairs for the most dreaded night of my life.

Bar none.