xv. new battles

Haven looked up as she stepped out of her maroon colored vehicle, the massive house in front of her was daunting enough for her to want to turn back home.

If it wasn't for Bella, Haven wouldn't even be here in the first place.

Noticing the brunette's hesitance, Bella linked her arm through Haven's, "It's important that you hear what they have to say, they can explain it much better than I can."

The Cullen's home was elegant and modern, which Haven thought was ironic considering the age of the people who lived in there. The house was mainly made up of glass, the total inside of the main room could be seen through the windows that bordered right around the main frame. The only other sight was brass wood that detailed surroundings of the house and the steep steps that led to the front door.

Haven didn't know what she was actually here for. When Bella returned from Italy after her run in with the Volturi, the whole Cullen coven had returned with her. The first time that Haven saw Bella after the whole incident, of course the two had been elated to see each other again but then Bella told her best friend that the Cullen's had something to tell Haven about their time with the Volturi.

To be fair, Haven didn't actually know the Cullen's that well. She had only talked to them a few times at school before they moved and obviously the fact that they left Bella unprotected in a town that was full of supernatural threats meant that Haven wasn't too sure of them. She didn't know if she should be trusting them, but Bella seemed to and that settled the huntress' nerves a bit.

The pair began to walk up to the front of the daunting house, Bella looked down at Haven's free hand and laughed lightly, "You know, you didn't have to bring the crossbow. They aren't going to hurt you, I wouldn't let them do that."

Indeed a compact crossbow was gripped tightly in Haven's hand, an arrow already positioned in the bow so that the brunette was ready to fire it against anyone if necessary. You couldn't really blame Haven, she was about to enter into a house of vampires who could so easily end her life.

"You might trust them but I don't, in fact I barely know anything about them."

With her arm still linked with Bella's, Haven let the teenager lead her into the house. The interior was sleek, made up of blacks, whites and woods. Haven couldn't help but focus her gaze around the room as she admired what the vampires had done with the place.

Not even noticing that there were people in front of her, Haven jumped slightly when she saw the Cullen's all dotted around the room. Alice and Jasper were seated on the plush, white sofa. Jasper's arm was cradled around Alice, Haven could see his grip tighten as they both looked down at the crossbow in her grasp. Emmett and Rosalie were standing off to the side, Emmett smirking slightly at the weapon lodged in Haven's hand, wanting to see how he would fare against it.

Bella unhooked herself from her best friend and went to stand next to Edward who was the closest in proximity to Haven, he smiled at seeing the pair together when they walked in the door. He knew how much Haven had been there for Bella in his family's absence, he couldn't find words to thank the huntress enough for keeping the love of his life safe and happy.

"Haven, I'm Carlisle and this is Esme. I presume you know the rest of my family." The man's hair was blonde and his skin stark white like the rest of the vampires in the room, he pointed to the woman who he was keeping close by his side. Like the rest of the people in the house, Esme had skin the color of fresh snow, her brown hair falling in perfect curls around her face. She sent a smile Haven's way, although something about her seemed rather tense.