iii. reckless ideas

It had been three months since the Cullen family had left Forks and it had been three months since Haven had a real conversation with Bella.

It was like the Swan girl just completely shut down. She only talked when it was necessary and apart from school, Haven was sure that Bella never left her room.

It wasn't like Haven hadn't tried—she most definitely had—but it seemed that Bella didn't want help. Haven could see that all she wanted was for Edward to be back, but it didn't seem like that was going to happen any time soon.

Haven didn't know what it was like to be in love, she had no idea how much it affected a person so she couldn't connect with how Bella was feeling. All Haven could do was try and talk to the girl, to let her know that she was there when she was ready to talk.

Everything else in Haven's life hadn't been out of the ordinary, she continued to shiver at the dropping temperatures and attend her boring classes. The only thing that was missing was Bella's presence in her days. She had only known the girl for a short while before the Cullen situation happened but Haven had a pretty good idea on how Bella was. She missed her and she just wanted her friend back.

Haven hoped that whenever she fell in love with someone that they didn't have this big of an affect on her, she didn't need her life to revolve around a boy.

Over the three months, Haven had come to accept that this was her home now. She barely had any contact with her friends from San Francisco anymore—if anything she texted Cassie once every few weeks. Forks was where she was living and that wasn't going to change anytime soon.

When Haven heard her phone vibrate on her desk she was doing her biology homework at, it was a major surprise to see that it was Bella calling. It was even more surprising when she asked if Haven would hang out with her and Jessica.

"So will you come? We can make a girls day out of it and to be honest I need you there. I don't think I can stand that long with Jessica alone."

"That depends, are you just going to mope all night or are we actually going to have fun?" Haven replied—she really did try not to snap at Bella but it came out unintentionally. She wasn't mad at Bella, she was just sick of her icing everybody out even if they were trying to help her.

"I'm sorry, Haven. I really am," Bella pleaded through the phone. She was trying to make a start at getting better and she needed help from her friends—especially Haven "I'm trying to get better but I need your help."

Haven sighed into the phone before she agreed to meet Bella and Jessica downtown later. Bella was at least leaving the house for once, that was an improvement in itself.

---

"I can't believe you want to sit through a movie with all those zombies eating people and no hot guys anywhere. It's gross. Why are there so many zombie movies anyway? If it is trying to dramatize the whole thing with leprosy—my cousin once had leprosy and it's not funny," Jessica babbled on oblivious to fact that neither Haven nor Bella were comprehending a word she said.

"It's just a movie about zombies, Jess. I don't think its supposed to mean anything," Haven replied back to the girl beside her as all three of them walked down a street in Port Angeles. They had just got out of a zombie movie and Haven wished they could go back in—that way Jessica would have to shut up.

"I've heard that is a metaphor for consumerism, Haven. Maybe they are really trying to tell us something."

"Or maybe they just wanted to suit it towards people who like guts and gore," Haven deadpanned. Bella let out a light laugh at the humorous exchange. It had been a while since Haven had heard her laugh and she believed that more progress might have been made tonight.