ix. chinese ring daggers

With the day that Haven had, there was nothing more that she wanted to do than sleep forever in which she hoped would be a dreamless night

But apparently, that wasn't going to happen.

Once she had initially began to drift off, her head mushed against her pillow with her blankets draped over her loosely, a few taps could be heard on her window. Stiffening slightly, Haven opened one eye. She waited to make sure it wasn't just a branch hitting the glass but then a few more taps followed. It sounded like someone was deliberately throwing something at the window.

Haven groaned before standing up out of her bed, immediaetly shivering at the cold air hitting her legs. With the events that had occurred earlier in the day, it would be reasonable for Haven to be scared at what was lurking outside but she felt stronger than ever.

Drawing the curtains back, Haven squinted into the night sky to see a familiar boy, although his hair was still something that Haven had to get used too, standing on the lawn just under her window. She opened it and felt a whoosh of cold wind on her face, this weather is something she will never grow accustomed to.   

Haven rolled her eyes as Jacob spoke, "Back up, I'm coming in."

Obliging, Haven took a few steps back as Jacob gracefully slid through her open window. He stood before her, his torso bare and Haven had no clue how the boy did not have hypothermia at this point. The only clothing pieces he had on were denim shorts that hung loosely off his hips and shoes.

"You know, there is this thing called a front door," Jacob couldn't help the smile that came onto his face as he watched Haven talk, "People usually use them to get inside."

"Do you really think your parents would be happy with me knocking on your door at eleven o'clock at night?"

Haven shook her head, "What are you doing here anyway? I thought I made myself clear at your house."

Haven tried to make it sound like she was angry, and she really did have the right to be. Jacob had ignored both Bella and Haven for a few weeks and when he finally talked to Bella, he practically told her that he didn't want Bella in his life anymore. Unfortunately, whenever Haven looked at Jacob all of the anger she had felt towards him washed away.

He took a step forward towards the girl instinctively, it wasn't even on purpose but his body seemed to be pulling towards her, "I'm sorry. I have already apologized to Bella and she's okay."

"What about me?" Haven found herself saying, "You can't just ignore me for weeks and then expect me to be okay with it."

"I wish I could explain more, Haven. I really do but I literally can't." His tone was pleading, he needed Haven to be okay and not mad at him anymore. The guilt of causing her to feel like this was eating away at him, ever since she confronted him a few days ago he hadn't been able to feel right until now, when he was standing in front of her.

Haven moved so she was standing right opposite the boy, her body moved itself not even needing to be told what to do. Haven could feel what felt like fire when her arm touched Jacob's. A feeling of completion lingered through her body at the slight touching of the two, "When have we ever kept secrets? You know you can tell me anything."

Adoration filled Jacob's eyes, "I wish I could but the thing is I'm sure that you will get told soon enough."

Haven furrowed her brows, "But you can't tell me?"

Jacob's smile grew at the sight of her confusion, whenever Haven was perplexed with something she unknowingly crinkled her nose. Jacob was sure that she didn't even know it happened, and he always thought it was cute but ever since the imprint, Jacob was sure he would never see anything more adorable, "Do you trust me?"