x. wolf headquarters

In the short car ride to Emily's house, Haven had not once thought about putting her daggers down.

It wasn't that she was scared, more so that she was stunned.

When Haven had gone over to Jacob's house, she had truly thought she was ready to see a werewolf but nothing had prepared her for seeing him morph into one.

Noticing that her car had come to a halting stop, Haven watched as Jared and Embry hopped out of the front seats hooting and hollering. The two had not stopped talking on the way here, although it didn't bother Haven as it gave her mind time to think and process.

She really wished she hadn't mouthed off at Paul, maybe then Jacob wouldn't have had to step in and fight for her. Haven had a sick feeling in her stomach as she thought about the two wolves fighting, she needed Jacob to be okay.

Climbing out of the car, the house situated in front of Haven was rustic looking, it looked very homely. Plants were sticking out of the ground in front and it was located very close to lots of dense bush and woods. The wood paving the house was a deep mahogany with the door painted red.

"Do you not think that we should go back there? I want to see whether Jacob is okay." Haven finally spoke up having not uttered a word the whole car ride.

Both of the boys turned to face her, "Of course you do." Embry rolled his eyes playfully, he knew all about how the imprint meant that both Jacob and Haven would be worrying about each other constantly, he had already seen enough of it whenever Jacob was around.

"I hope Paul sinks some teeth into him, it serves him right." Jared said, both of the boys waited for Haven to catch up to them and they began to stroll up to the house.

"No way, Jacob's a natural. Did you see him phase on the fly? I put on five that Paul doesn't touch him." Embry watched as Haven stood in the middle of them, not fully paying attention. It didn't take long to guess where her mind was.

"Also, you can put the daggers away. We won't bite." Embry teased the girl, noting the silver weapons still gripped tightly in her hands.

"Speak for yourself." Jared smirked before climbing the steps and entering the house.

Haven sighed knowing that she was safe here, it was almost as if she could feel it. She slid the two daggers back into the holster on her thigh, she looked up to see Embry had remained and was waiting for her.

"Jacob's going to be fine so stop worrying," They began to walk up the steps but Embry stopped suddenly as he remembered something, "Oh yeah, also Emily is Sam's fiancee. Don't stare, he hates when people do."

Embry filed into the house, Haven remained stationed as she thought about how it was an odd thing for him to say. Why would she stare at her in the first place?

Following a bit behind the other two, Haven walked slowly into the house. She found it a tad awkward, considering she didn't know Emily at all. In fact, she barely even knew Embry and Jared.

An aroma filled with baking and sugar filled Haven's senses, she watched from just inside the doorway as both Jared and Embry had made themselves comfortable at the table with muffins in hand.

Haven watched as Emily turned to face her, she must have sensed that someone else had entered her home along with the two boys. Haven now understood what Embry was talking about when she caught a glance at the girl's face.

Three long, red scars were etched on to Emily's face on the right side. Her dark features and tan skin contrasted with the ripe red of the marks, the color of them clearly not fading although they looked to be fully healed.