xiv. finally

The house was pitched black, both of the girls eyes hadn't yet adjusted to the lighting. Bella's hand fumbled around the wall before the lights flickered on.

In the light, the two jumped slightly at the presence of Alice Cullen beside Bella. Haven's hand automatically lowering her weapon at the sight of the familiar girl.

"Alice!" Bella latched onto the vampire in a hug, her voice fill of pure joy at the sight of one of the people she missed so dearly. Alice looked surprised at the contact, in fact she looked surprised to see Bella at all. Haven watched as her friend's eyes glazed over at the mere sight of seeing one of the faces she had missed so much.

"I'm sorry, I just can't believe that you are here." She admitted shyly, retracting from the outburst she just made. Just by seeing the Cullen girl again, Bella already felt so much more like herself.

Alice's golden eyes widened, "Would you like to explain to me how you are alive?" Her voice was harsh with so much emotion behind it, she really had thought that Bella was dead.

Haven couldn't help but move her hand to grab a hold of the shaft of the daggers hooked on her thighs, she wasn't going to pull them out but upon seeing Alice's desperate eyes, the brunette thought she might need to do something drastic.

"What?" Bella asked, her perplexed tone a dead giveaway that she had no clue what the vampire was talking about.

"I saw a vision of you where you jumped off a cliff! Why in the hell would you try and kill yourself? What about Charlie and Haven?"

"I didn't try to kill myself," Bella interrupted, she understood where the mixed messages were now between the events that occurred and Alice's vision, "I was cliff jumping, recreationally."

Alice gave an unconvinced face to Haven who still had her hands on her weapons, Haven rose her eyebrows at the girl, "Haven't you heard? She is an adrenaline junkie now."

---

Haven sat in an arm chair in the Swan living room while Alice and Bella were close together on the sofa. The two were speaking amongst each other while Haven tapped her mug full of green tea softly. She refused to leave Bella's side, she didn't care that it was only Alice who had turned up at the house, there was now way that Haven was leaving her alone with a person who had ditched her best friend causing her to swirl into depression.

"What is that god awful wet dog smell?" Alice suddenly said loudly, directing the comment at both of the teenagers in the living room.

Haven knew that wolfs could smell vampires and she assumed it went the other way as well.

"That could be either one of us," Bella stated placing her mug on the coffee table in the center of the room just near her feet, "Both Haven and I have been spending a lot of time with Jacob."

Alice sighed turning to both of the teens who were staring at her, "Guys, werewolves are not good company to keep."

"Speak for yourself." Jacob entered the room, his eyes trained on Haven rather than the creature that could actually be of some harm to him. All three of the girls stood up, like she always did Haven gravitated towards Jacob and swiftly walked to stand beside him.

Haven gripped his dark green colored shirt in her fist, he knew exactly what she meant when she gave him a pointed look. Haven was wondering why in the hell he was standing in the living room considering he just said that he wasn't allowed to protect them inside of it, "I had to make sure you both were safe." He simply said to the girl tucked next to his side.