vi. bonnie and clyde

"If I had told you that I couldn't have fixed these bikes, what would you have said?"

Jacob asked presumably to Bella, Haven was sitting in between them both in Bella's beat up truck. The motorbikes that Jacob and Bella had made brand new were at the back of the vehicle, the three were off to find a spot to test drive them.

Well, really it was only Jacob and Bella who were going to test drive them, Haven wasn't going to put her life on the line all for the joy of riding one of those death traps.

"Are you doubting your mad skills?" Bella playfully questioned, it was a weird thing for Jacob to ask in the first place and it made her wonder what was going through his head.

"No," He replied back with a smirk, "Definitely not, they'll run fine."

"Not to sound cocky or anything." Haven quipped back, Jacob gave her a playful side glance in return.

Bella sighed at the two beside her, she really did wonder how long it would take before the two of them went out. Jacob looked at her like she was god's gift but Bella wasn't sure whether Haven knew that. "If you told me you couldn't fix these bikes, I would have said too bad but all three of us are going to have to find something else to do together."

Haven looked to both of her friends sitting beside her to see that they had expressions that matched her own, full of happiness. She was grateful to have found two great friends, and she was also happy that her and Jacob's friendship has started to mend Bella back to what she was.

"Is that Sam Uley?" Bella suddenly asked, making Haven look towards her line of vision. Forks was a small town so Haven assumed that this 'Sam Uley' that Bella was speaking about happened to be the guy that found her after her breakdown in the forest.

The group of boys that Bella was looking at were all shirtless and close to the edge of a cliff overlooking the ocean. "Yeah, him and his cult." Jacob said bitterly, watching as two of the boys were coaxing and prodding another one of the shirtless guys towards the cliff edge.

They all watched as one of them got pushed off of the cliff.

"Oh my god." Bella muttered before she steered her car to the side of the road, Haven and her were ready to jump out seeing the boy go down.

Once the car had stopped, Bella and Haven immediately hopped out of the vehicle and all but ran to the other side of the road to see what was going on. Haven felt a sense of worry, hoping that the boy was okay. "Should we go over there and do something?"

A laugh could be heard behind the two girls. They both turned to see Jacob letting a few chuckles escape him as he lent up against Bella's red truck. "They're not really fighting guys, they're cliff diving."

Relief filled Haven's body knowing that the boy wasn't going to be in any trouble, she didn't know who he was but she didn't like seeing people get hurt.

"It's scary as hell, but it gives you a rush." He continued with a sour expression planted on his face.

She watched as another boy willingly jumped into the water in a dive, screaming as he went down. "People do that for fun?" Haven asked confused as to how that was appealing to anyone.

"A rush?" Bella muttered more to herself than anything else, but Haven caught on.

"Hell no, Bella. Don't even think about it." She whispered to the girl next to her, "I get that you want to see Edward or whatever it is that happens when adrenaline kicks into your body but there are safer ways. That is insane." Haven gestured towards the massive free fall that someone would have to endure to get to the bottom of the cliff.