ii. search party

Life in Forks had been exactly as Haven Eldridge predicted—boring and uneventful.

She had been going to Forks High for two days now and her days consisted of nearly falling asleep in math, sitting with either Bella and the Cullen's (who Haven thought were a bit weird because whenever she was around they would stop all conversation, it was almost as if they were trying to hide something that their lives depended on) or the rest of Bella's friends who Haven didn't mind—although Mike was a tad too happy for her liking.

Haven really did miss San Francisco. She missed the hustle and bustle of people running for cabs and diving into shops. Here it was lucky if you were to see people doing much other than going to the grocery store. Also, the temperature in Forks at the moment was way too cold for her. Ninety percent of the time Haven thought she was going to lose one of her limbs to frost bite.

But it seemed as if this was the Eldridge family's permanent spot. Both her mother and father have been raving about their jobs at the hospital, they seem to think Forks is god's gift on earth. It didn't look like Haven would be able to convince them to move back anytime soon so for the time being she was stuck enduring awkward lunch times with sickly pale students and incredibly tedious classes.

Haven was trying to tackle the task of unpacking on a Thursday night. She was situated on the carpeted floor of her stark white walled bedroom with five boxes of belongings surrounding her.

Pulling out a stack of photos from one box, an immediate smile was put on Haven's face at the memories flooding back into her mind.

The first one was of herself, her mother and father. They had taken a scenic road trip through the mid west last summer and although Haven went into it thinking that it was going to be the worst time of her life, she actually wound up enjoying herself. Whether she liked it or not, this was her family and she loved them.

Haven put that particular picture to the side, planning on framing it later. The next picture in the pile was of her and two of her friends, Lana and Cassie. It was of their prom last year and Haven looked back on it fondly. The three of them went solo and had the time of their lives, not having to worry about a boy all night long. In the photo, they were all done up with their hair curled and their makeup done to perfection. Haven was sporting a two piece red dress with black stilettos.

"Haven! Could you come down here please?" 

Haven hastily clambered down the stairs of her new home, in the four days that they had been situated there they have started to briefly decorate the place with paintings and portraits.

She walked on the bottom story until she found her father and Charlie Swan standing near the closed door. Haven hesitantly started to walk over to the two men and she noticed that Charlie looked like wreck with red eyes and disheveled hair.

"Have you seen Bella in the last few hours?" The question immediaetly flew out of Charlie's lips when Haven reached them.

Haven shook her head and replied, "No, I only saw her at school today. What's going on?"

Charlie looked somberly down at his shoes, trying to avoid eye contact with the teenage girl in front of him. "She's been missing for over three hours now. I'm trying to contact all of her friends but you're the only person I could really think that she has mentioned."

Bella had acted weird today. She kept quiet pretty much the entire day with Haven filling most of the silence. The entire Cullen family had also been absent, Bella had been staring at the table throughout the entire lunch hour. She had seen visibly sad but Haven didn't know it was this bad.