xiii. uninvited guest

Haven tapped her foot impatiently, her hands starting to shake in worry and fear.

It didn't take long for Haven to make her way down to the shore where Jacob told her to wait. The fear in Haven's bones was making it hard to stay still as she prayed that her best friend would be okay.

Upon seeing Bella jump into the water, Jacob morphed back into his own human body before getting in the water to save his friend. That now meant that Haven was waiting for two people to emerge from the rough water, she was now praying that two people would make it out alive.

She had no clue why Bella jumped off the cliff into the ocean, she can only put it down to the fact that whenever the teenager did anything dangerous, she saw Edward. It was clear that Bella missed him more than she was letting on.

What annoyed Haven the most was the fact that in the past two weeks she had pretty much ignored her best friend. Not because she was angry but because she had been so focused on learning what it took to protect people that she forgot about Bella and what she was going through.

Haven let out an audible sigh of a relief upon seeing Jacob climb out of the water, placing Bella on the stones of the shore. Running over to the pair, Haven looked to see Bella's lips were turning blue and her already pale skin had turned even whiter.

Upon looking at the brunette, Haven felt a tear roll down her cheek once she realized how bad the situation was. Bella didn't seem to be breathing and Haven didn't know what she would do if she didn't start soon.

Using her black sweater sleeve to wipe the tears that were rolling down her cheek bones, Haven crouched down beside Jacob who was trying his hardest to focus on Bella even though he knew that Haven was in an agony of sadness right this moment.

His muscular arms pressed down on Bella's chest, Haven was right near the girls side and tried to keep the sobs from escaping. "Please, Bella. You have to breathe." She whispered lightly her hand coming to rest on her best friends head.

Jacob lowered his mouth to Bella's trying mouth to mouth resuscitation between his continued attempts at CPR, another tear escaped from Haven's chocolate eyes and this time she didn't bother to wipe it away.

After about thirty seconds, a small bubble of water flowed out of Bella's mouth and the girl's eyes fluttered open. Haven let out a gasp of joy that she didn't know she was holding in, her eyes shutting in relief at knowing that Bella was okay.

Haven let her head rest on Bella's shoulder, "Thank god you are okay." She murmured slightly, Bella, who was know beginning to get a sense of where she was, moved her hand and placed it on Haven's arm.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Jacob asked, moving to help Bella sit up. When he had the girl resting against his legs, he reached his hand out to grab Haven's who gratefully accepted the offer intertwining their fingers together.

Jacob moved her hand up to his mouth and kissed it lightly, Haven still continued to breathe heavily after the fact that she nearly witnessed her best friend dying. Jacob could feel the sadness and relief radiating off the brunette, he hated the fact that he really couldn't do much to help her.

"I had to see something." Bella choked out, her eyes locking with Haven who knew exactly what she was talking about. Haven had presumed that seeing Edward was why Bella jumped but this just confirmed it.

Foot steps crunched behind the trio, Sam shouted to get their attention, "Get her home! I'm going to go help out at Harry's place!"

Haven's eyes closed again at the mention of the Clearwater man, knowing all too well what had occurred in the forest not too long ago. Jacob had quickly informed her about Victoria giving Harry a heart attack which resulted in his death when the two were desperately trying to get down to save Bella.